Car D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
When I bought my Mini last year, the seller gave me his steering wheel lock- not the circular one. I do remember Minis were very easy to steal with a screwdriver

Gunk

Guru
When I bought my Mini last year, the seller gave me his steering wheel lock- not the circular one. I do remember Minis were very easy to steal with a screwdriver

Most BL cars would start with a screwdriver

Gunk

Guru
Stripes fitted today. Glad I went the OEM option. They look like they’ve always been on

IMG_3356.jpeg

Adam4868

Guru
Changed auto transmision fluid and filters on a vehicle yesterday...why the f@ck don't they put a drain plug on some vehicles nowadays ! What a mess draining it,anyway it's done and changing better so better clean the drive up now 😲

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I the absence of a drain plug on slush boxes is because a) you need to change the filter and that's often built into the sump anyway (im looking at you Porsche), and b) they need pressure flushing and not just a sump-dump or you'll still have a torque converter full of old fluid.

Adam4868

Guru
I the absence of a drain plug on slush boxes is because a) you need to change the filter and that's often built into the sump anyway (im looking at you Porsche), and b) they need pressure flushing and not just a sump-dump or you'll still have a torque converter full of old fluid.
Yea but with a drain plug you can get the majority of fluid out before dropping the pan...I'd be changing the filters either way.makes life easier ? If I could of been arsed I should of put a plug in the sump pan whilst I had it off,I couldn't ☹️

gbb

Legendary Member
If I remember correctly, two of my Minis, built many years apart, had FS880 keys, just about the most common generic key you could think of. They were even used on fork lifts etc.
Probably cheaper for a thief to buy a key than buy a screwdriver.

CXRAndy

Guru
Changed auto transmision fluid and filters on a vehicle yesterday...why the f@ck don't they put a drain plug on some vehicles nowadays ! What a mess draining it,anyway it's done and changing better so better clean the drive up now 😲

It's exactly for that reason, make it awkward for the owner to service their own vehicle.

Top Bottom