Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
coming home it was chucking it down for the 1st couple of miles so i was in full waterproofs , of course it stopped so i had to strip down as i was too hot .

Unlucky. When I got of the train in Arlesey it was grey all the way cycling to St'Evanage but stayed dry until I was sat my desk and stopped not long before I headed home. Being half term they were enjoyable commutes. I kinda wished I'd went further now though, especially at night when I had strong wind behind me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Missed the worse of any rain last two days, although fully waterproofed up this morning, it stopped raining and didn't really start again, so took it steady.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very nice half term riding. A little drizzle early in the week, and a headwind today, but the sunshine and really empty roads makes it all so much fun.

I hadn't really noticed the roads (half term) - my route is mainly off road, although coming home I use the A6 from the Floop to Stockport rather than back through Reddish Vale, as the scallies are out of bed by 5:30pm. Never an issue first thing.

Scabs on my right arm are clearing up from last week, but I still have a nasty looking bruise on my bicep. I've checked the hill where I crashed over the last two days and there doesn't appear to be anything that caused it - potentially could have been diesel or a mud build up, but it's rained a lot over the week.

Mazz

Came across a blind lass with her guide dog, seen them regularly on my route.
The dog had just crapped on the pavement and she was bagging it up. There was 4 pieces of crap so I said 'morning, you ok cleaning that mess or do you need a hand?'. She was a pleasant lass and chuckled saying i'm fine, done it plenty times before.👍

Maylian

Veteran
Legs were feeling a bit weary, so took yesterday off to rest them and still felt a bit stiff this morning.

Ended up loving my ride in this morning! As expected, not many cars, cyclists or pedestrians on the roads & shared use paths. Lovely and sunny, no gnats flying into my face, managed to avoid the largest piles of horse crap on the bridleways and the ride felt pretty quick and dare I say "easy". Given only doing 1-2 rides a week for the last 4-6 weeks, I've definitely felt my fitness levels improving this week.

Top Bottom