The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Eh?

Dyche also won the Championship with Burnley, twice (the first time without the parachute millions you seem to have something against), and got them into Europe.

Saving Everton this season was no mean feat.

I'd have had Dyche further up my list than Kompany and certainly higher than 8th choice.

I think that you think I was praising Kompany. Far from it, I was slightly mocking him and Bayern. Yes, Dyche is a far better proven manager and he too must be very surprised that Vincent Kompany has been seen as the one to take Bayern Munich to a long awaited Champions League trophy, albeit the 8th in line choice one! There is now talk Of Frank Lampard taking the Burnley job.:whistle: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1904272/Frank-Lampard-new-job-Burnley-Chelsea

Chislenko

Veteran
Bellamy has the faith of the owners so far...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cqee9lep38eo

Might not be such a bad shout to be honest. Parker would be a good shout if they wanted someone new.

To be fair I would have Craig Bellamy as Wales manager, anything has to be better than the insipid Robert Page. His inactions appear to have persuaded up and coming striker Joe Taylor to switch his allegiance from us to you Andy.

AndyRM

XOXO
To be fair I would have Craig Bellamy as Wales manager, anything has to be better than the insipid Robert Page. His inactions appear to have persuaded up and coming striker Joe Taylor to switch his allegiance from us to you Andy.

I'd heard that we were trying again with him. To be honest I think he'd have a tough time getting a game with us just now as we've a few options up front, but Stevie has a good eye for a player.

Dunno what he's done wrong not to get a full call up for Wales mind!

AndyRM

XOXO
Off to SJP tonight to watch England v France. Hoping to see Les Bleues win, but it should be a good game between two fairly evenly matched sides, and England really have to go for it after a pretty duff start to the campaign.

Be keeping tabs on Scotland v Israel too, which is behind closed doors. Be interesting to see if there are any protests around Hampden. Celtic's Green Brigade have been waving Palestine flags at matches for quite a while now, so now's the time to see if they're actually serious with their support/protests or just (as I suspect) wee dafties doing it for show.

AndyRM

XOXO
IMG20240531195943.jpg

Not a bad view for £10. And the result I was hoping for too.

Cracking result for Scotland too, looking good in our group.

Slick

Guru
Off to SJP tonight to watch England v France. Hoping to see Les Bleues win, but it should be a good game between two fairly evenly matched sides, and England really have to go for it after a pretty duff start to the campaign.

Be keeping tabs on Scotland v Israel too, which is behind closed doors. Be interesting to see if there are any protests around Hampden. Celtic's Green Brigade have been waving Palestine flags at matches for quite a while now, so now's the time to see if they're actually serious with their support/protests or just (as I suspect) wee dafties doing it for show.

Obviously I couldn't say exactly how many of the green brigade were waving flags at Hampden tonight. I can however confirm that the poor soul who was handcuffed to the goal post clutching a Brendan out banner, had been there since the cup final. :crazy:

Top Bottom