Bike Friday Tikit folder for sale in Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, I'm the seller. Let me give you a bit of back story. I bought this to run around Sheffield a couple of years ago. I stay in Sheffield when I come to my cousin's.
She stays in a small 2 bed flat and wants shot of it basically as it's in her way. When I first advertised it on here there was a guy in Germany and he was keen to have it even offering to pay for shipping out there, then I heard no more. I got it all packed up messaged him but nothing. Something most have happened to the guy, I mean catastrophic. No more posts from him on the forum. That was middle of last year.
So it's been sat there in her second bedroom which she wants to decorate.
Another cousin of mines wife saw it and said she'll take. No money changed hands. My cousin gave her the impression that she wanted it out. I was rather annoyed as she thought obviously she'd get free if charge. She said she wanted 'to try it'.
I'll tell my cousin unless she wants to pay for it she should give it back if she's not prepared to pay.
Such a shame as you're in Gleadless which is exactly where she is, near Town End.
If you're still interested I'll let you know what happens.

DrummerSteve999

Yes, I'm the seller. Let me give you a bit of back story. I bought this to run around Sheffield a couple of years ago. I stay in Sheffield when I come to my cousin's.
She stays in a small 2 bed flat and wants shot of it basically as it's in her way. When I first advertised it on here there was a guy in Germany and he was keen to have it even offering to pay for shipping out there, then I heard no more. I got it all packed up messaged him but nothing. Something most have happened to the guy, I mean catastrophic. No more posts from him on the forum. That was middle of last year.
So it's been sat there in her second bedroom which she wants to decorate.
Another cousin of mines wife saw it and said she'll take. No money changed hands. My cousin gave her the impression that she wanted it out. I was rather annoyed as she thought obviously she'd get free if charge. She said she wanted 'to try it'.
I'll tell my cousin unless she wants to pay for it she should give it back if she's not prepared to pay.
Such a shame as you're in Gleadless which is exactly where she is, near Town End.
If you're still interested I'll let you know what happens.

Yes im a buyer if its for sale?
Let me know if i can buy it.
Thanks Steve

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I messaged cousin tonight and she thinks says that Wanda, the woman who took it, thinks it's too heavy for her to lift in and out her boot.
So the bike, all packed up, is still in her boot. If she could bring it back could you meet her and pick it up from Bowman Drive?

ag3r

Apparently there were a number of recalls on the Tikit
1) The Hyperfold cable was changed from two thin cables to one thick cable.
2) The "Aardvark" was improved to a loop handle to keep the seatpillar from cracking and breaking. The recall added a sheet metal brace that blocks the earlier cantilever-style handle.
RE the stem Bike Friday sell a fix, quote:
There is a modification that can be done to convert it to a fixed, non folding riser. This is essentially the same as the current model, The Pakit, which uses the same system. The stem is removed for folding with a quick-release rather than the folding riser. We sell this part for $110.
I thought this would be good advice for your cousin, cyclops, if they keep the bike.

Top Bottom