Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
I may be miles off the mark but Interesting street art would appear to be urging people to learn to read. It looks like a visualisation of the old adage that you can travel anywhere and anytime when you read a book.

@FrothNinja , you've been busy! ^_^

I love being pulled back in randomly!

#333 - Did you ever find what the bronze lizard, amongst the Okefenokee type trees, was?
Nope! I'm a terrible tourist! I loved the opportunity, appreciated it for what it was for me - a rare glimpse of something special, a stark reminder that I was far from home and a real thrill. I have little interest in digging into it more.

#343 The bananas & sugar cane remind me of my home state
I love banana trees! Another reminder that I'm far, far from home. The sugar cane harvesting (along with the cotton harvesting and much, much later olive harvesting) remain highpoints of my trip.

I may be miles off the mark but Interesting street art would appear to be urging people to learn to read. It looks like a visualisation of the old adage that you can travel anywhere and anytime when you read a book.

IMG_20211024_161714.jpg

Yes. Education is highly prized in that part of the world. As is art. It's interesting for someone from this part of the world to see the different attitudes. Mind you, there's a definite 'crime' theme there too!

Those posts cover quite an interesting aspect of my time in Colombia, reminding me just how comfortable I felt there, heading off on figaries at will, exploring wonderful roads and places and not feeling uncomfortable, well, except for the hard work!

Thanks!

Top Bottom