Insurance renewal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Renewal notice received today for 72 plate VW T.Cross Black Edition 110.

£303 LY and £338 TY - pleased/surprised but will still have a check on the usual sites to see what is available.

Wifes TCross R Line 73 plate went from 290 to 450 the other week. I can't be bothered to change, it's going soon, will be interesting to see if the Polo she's getting next is any different.

Drago

Legendary Member
Heres a good one.

The C70 has up until now cost me £130 to insure, with a 2000 mile annual mileage limit. In reality I don't get close to 1000, but 2000 is the lowest increment they do.

Renewal has just popped through the letterbox. They want over £700, a more than FIVEFOLD increase! Just been on the Web and I'm getting quotes for comparable cover at the £180-£190 level so it looks like I won't be renewing with Carole Gash.

I never ring up and let them quote me again when I tell them I'm leaving. If they don't give me their best quote first time then they were clearly trying to bend me over and I wouldn't do further business with a company that tried that on me.

Heres a good one.

The C70 has up until now cost me £130 to insure, with a 2000 mile annual mileage limit. In reality I don't get close to 1000, but 2000 is the lowest increment they do.

Renewal has just popped through the letterbox. They want over £700, a more than FIVEFOLD increase! Just been on the Web and I'm getting quotes for comparable cover at the £180-£190 level so it looks like I won't be renewing with Carole Gash.

I never ring up and let them quote me again when I tell them I'm leaving. If they don't give me their best quote first time then they were clearly trying to bend me over and I wouldn't do further business with a company that tried that on me.

I'm the same with not bartering with companies that tried it on, and for the self and same reasons.

I'm surprised when I hear some normally savvy people that grumble at the increase, but still pay it.

I do the same with any purchase, making it very clear I will hear their first offer, and they don't get a second bite. I tell the double glazing bods not to bore me with their toy window too. I want their best price, and no waffle.

CXRAndy

Guru
Slightly off the (renewal) topic, but......
My parents had a RTC earlier this month (Sunday 5th), & yesterday they received a cheque for the car!!

Is it common, for it all to go through so quickly - especially with no legal arguements?

I presume the car was a right off and value agreed for replacement . Yes I would assume straightforward

Or it could be the insurance is trying a fast one. Send cheque of lesser amount in the hope your parents just accept and bank it

I presume the car was a right off and value agreed for replacement . Yes I would assume straightforward

Or it could be the insurance is trying a fast one. Send cheque of lesser amount in the hope your parents just accept and bank it
Right-off, or 'parts salvage only' looking at in, on the day in question
Amount; very surprisingly into '5 figures'!

icowden

Veteran
Slightly off the (renewal) topic, but......
My parents had a RTC earlier this month (Sunday 5th), & yesterday they received a cheque for the car!!
Yes and no. The insurance will want to resolve it quickly. However they will usually offer less than the car was worth meaning that you have to go back and forth providing examples of how much it will *actually* cost to replace the car. Also depends whether it was their fault or not. If it was and they admitted it, the payout will be quick as compared to when two insurance companies have to duke it out to work out who is stumping up the cash.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Renewal notice received today for 72 plate VW T.Cross Black Edition 110.

£303 LY and £338 TY - pleased/surprised but will still have a check on the usual sites to see what is available.

I eventually had a punt online and that outfit, with the moustachiode warbler that really irritates me, came up trumps.

Exactly the same level of cover, apart from £100 excess instead of the £0 excess on the current policy, priced at £247.

£91 less than the renewal quote from the current insurer.

Top Bottom