Need help with a bike buying decision and the stores sale pricing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

midibiker

To add insult to injury. I have seen the same model being sold elsewhere for £500 less and the store will not price match it either. Because they are saying that they are already selling the bike in the sale at a loss.

But I don't see the other retailer making any mention of selling it at a loss.

I am in the process of cancelling my order with the shop because of all of these surprise add-ons and their refusal to price match with the other shop. The other shop uses the same bike distributor! But the shop I am ordering from says that even though they are the same model, it is the allocation that affects the pricing. So one place gets less discount or margin than some. Well, that's what I think they mean.

Anyway, I don't think the bike is going anywhere fast, it's been sitting there for 2.2 years. They are still trying to sell it in line with their 2024 sale bikes. And they will probably have to drop the price some more and potentially wish that they have accepted my order.

It's no loss. It saves me thousands on a bike, which I can use to buy a new Van.

I thought the C2W scheme looked good and I had to jump through fire to get it. But I'm not paying extra for it, or the bike even if I am making a saving.

Last edited:
So on C2W there’s a circa £700 surcharge that the shop has capped at £300, thus saving you £400 and you want them to drop the bike by £500 to match elsewhere?

They may eventually have to drop the price a bit but by £900? That’s unlikely. I’m not surprised you got a ‘no’ from them.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
To add insult to injury. I have seen the same model being sold elsewhere for £500 less and the store will not price match it either. Because they are saying that they are already selling the bike in the sale at a loss.

But I don't see the other retailer making any mention of selling it at a loss.

I am in the process of cancelling my order with the shop because of all of these surprise add-ons and their refusal to price match with the other shop. The other shop uses the same bike distributor! But the shop I am ordering from says that even though they are the same model, it is the allocation that affects the pricing. So one place gets less discount or margin than some. Well, that's what I think they mean.

Anyway, I don't think the bike is going anywhere fast, it's been sitting there for 2.2 years. They are still trying to sell it in line with their 2024 sale bikes. And they will probably have to drop the price some more and potentially wish that they have accepted my order.

It's no loss. It saves me thousands on a bike, which I can use to buy a new Van.

I thought the C2W scheme looked good and I had to jump through fire to get it. But I'm not paying extra for it, or the bike even if I am making a saving.

Buy it at the other shop then? There's no point getting upset about it. These things happen all the time in a capitalist economy.

Top Bottom