Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Whatever happened to those?

The Essex Showground used to be just down the road from here, but the site got taken to build Chelmsford racecourse, and AFAIK the show got scrapped rather than moved. The last time I went was 1984, but in the 70s the Scouts had the job of selling programmes and catalogues, so that was a good opportunity to ask for a day off school and have a day out.
Still going one county to the north - it's the Suffolk Show on Wednesday & Thursday

Chris S

Legendary Member
ping.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Whatever happened to those?

The Essex Showground used to be just down the road from here, but the site got taken to build Chelmsford racecourse, and AFAIK the show got scrapped rather than moved. The last time I went was 1984, but in the 70s the Scouts had the job of selling programmes and catalogues, so that was a good opportunity to ask for a day off school and have a day out.

It's usually well attended, attracting 15,000 or so, but the day tends to be very warm and sunny, or wet and miserable. This year it was.....:rain::unsure:

hc=Vj6RDhCmwJoQ7kNvgGdvQCc&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=3vBs0S7Uih8Q7kNvgEiD2b-&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=oDQyia8x9skQ7kNvgG8rVWw&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=Yz8I1AGCMVkQ7kNvgEj_21v&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1933566137102042&set=pcb.3096046613860582

Last edited:

presta

Guru
It's usually well attended, attracting 15,000 or so, but the day tends to be very warm and sunny, or wet and miserable. This year it was.....

View attachment 732300

One year the Essex Show was a quagmire. A few weeks later, our Mini kept boiling over whilst on holiday in the Lake District, and it turned out that the front nearside wheel spinning in the clag at the show had coated the radiator core with a solid crust of mud. (Mini radiators vent into the wheel arch.)

Top Bottom