Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Someone did a FOI request for outcomes. Avon & Somerset seem keen on sending out warning letters rather than prosecuting phone users. The difference between a driver getting a warning, or prosecution seems to be whether the vehicle is in motion or not, judging by my report outcomes.

MorbidMonkey

Here in the US we have 50 different states. Each one has different laws. Then take each state and divide it up into counties that have their own rules. Then divide that up byt local cities and towns who have the worst rules. You can go one mie and you have to have a helmet and cant use your phone while biking.. and another mile and another town will write you a ticket for having helmet.. Ive gotten a ticket for riding on the sidwealk then on the way home have another cop from same town give me a ticket for riding on the road. Went to court and the judge was like where is he supposed to ride? Dismissed both.. In Atlanta, GA i was giving a ticket for speeding downhill 57 in a 45.. Actually went on to my drivers liscence. They consider you legally a motor vehicle minus having to have registration and insurance. So what im getting at is if your using your phone while biking you might get a distracted driving ticket while on a bike if in motion.. I know the park ranger on the trail near us told me you cant be on phone touching it.. It have to be in a mount and not in use other that gps.

Top Bottom