£30 42cm carbon bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
£30 sub 200 grams Kuota 42 cm carbon bars

Carbon in coming away at the top but is structurally sound (checked before and after I've ran them for 1000 miles) never had any flex or anything the scuffs are from carbon grip compound, just got some 46cm bars so these are not needed

Stanley co durham. Will post for £5

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

I am sorry to say Jack, but those bars will get you into trouble. Destroy them.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
No thanks. Sorry but they are structurally sound. You can get them between your arms and thighs and squeeze til you shake and they have no flex, if you don't want them don't buy them.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
that image:
image-jpg.88040

They're fooked for resale. If anyone had an accident, you'd possibly end up being liable for it. I know caveat emptore applies, but if you know there is damage and don't make sure you mention it could be a failure point, you will be held responsible, and seriously bud, that carbon is well fooked. I wouldn't ride it if it was mine.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
As above if you dont want it dont buy Ive further inspected this in detail and there is no actual crack or hole that is the laquer peeling. i have since lightly sanded it down in that spot and it is spotless. If you saw the bars in person you may think differently.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
image.jpg
As you can see the bars were painted in a thick matte laquer and where the stem was tightened this had cracked and peeled, the actual glossy carbon is spotless

Tojo

Über Member
I'm sorry but I agree with everyone, if you keep using those it'll end up in tears at the least, in the worst scenario...serious injury...simple as.

Top Bottom