09/09/09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Over The Hill said:
They are just numbers. In any counting sequence you get to a point when they are all the same every now and again.

Why does this sort of thing become a story?

Like religion, I guess, people like to think there might be something spooky out there... My birthday/time is 11am on 11/11 ;)

MichaelM

Guru
Today reminds me that I had a history lesson with Miss Helen Phillps on 7/7/77

IGMC.

PaulB

Legendary Member
cheadle hulme said:
Sorry to hear that. Had it been unwell or was it just old age?

A bit of both. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of it but it had been unwell for some time. Last Friday, I watched as it walked around in a tight circle for about ten minutes outside, oblivious to cars or other cats and thought then there was something amiss. Then on Saturday it disappeared and we hadn't seen it until I found its body this morning out on the moor behind our house. A cat person we know said cats are known to do this; they know they're going to die and leave the place they are familiar with, which if true, I find quite poignant. I'm surprised by how sad I felt when I saw its body and that it went away to die somewhere by itself.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
PaulB said:
A bit of both. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of it but it had been unwell for some time. Last Friday, I watched as it walked around in a tight circle for about ten minutes outside, oblivious to cars or other cats and thought then there was something amiss. Then on Saturday it disappeared and we hadn't seen it until I found its body this morning out on the moor behind our house. A cat person we know said cats are known to do this; they know they're going to die and leave the place they are familiar with, which if true, I find quite poignant. I'm surprised by how sad I felt when I saw its body and that it went away to die somewhere by itself.

Cats are dignified aren't they? A dog would probably have pre-booked a funeral down at the pets cemetry with bouquets the size of a house.

Top Bottom