+1 for Tortec Transalp Disc pannier rack...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, I recently bought a Subway 1 (great bike!! ^_^ ) from Halfs ( BC discount!! ) and find it to be fabtastic!! I also got a Halfs rack, but was uncertain that it would be good enough for our Ortliebs, and the cycling we've done in the last 3 weeks have proven the rack to be ok, but not the best.

I bit the bullet, and bought a Tortec Transalp disc rack, and now the Ortliebs are so much better, the extra rearmost bar allows the panniers to be much more stable, and secure. They previously would twist a little, because there was no support, and whilst not unsafe, introduced a bend on the top rail ( on the bag), and the bottom hook wasn't ever secure.

So, if you're considering a rack, and panniers, I recommend these 2 items.
I realise there are other products around, but we've had our Ortliebs for 4 year now, and they still look good, still allow plenty of things to be carried, and will be easily sufficient for our Paris trip next year.
The rack is currently available for around £25!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have the subway and i just won a topeak disc pannier rack on ebay for £16 inc postage , i use it for winter commuting and always found the seatpost rack held the bags to high .

Top Bottom