100km Pie ride proposal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Following from this, and this.

Some local knowledge - but some new to me.

- Cross Gates Station to Wilson's on Austhorpe Road
- across the top of Seacroft, on to Coal Lane, through Wike, through the grounds of Harewood House, Arthington, Pool-in-Wharfedale
- to Otley; Weegmann's pies.

- from Otley - north of the river to Leathley, avoid Harrogate by going through Burn Bridge and Pannal, on to Follifoot Road, Plumpton Road (on tracks and lanes via Plumpton Rocks? Please?), to ...
- Knaresborough; Huttons Butchers on Castlegate (thank you, @Julia9054).

- Then through Staveley, Minskip, and into Boroughbridge (via the Devils Arrows? Please?).
- Boroughbridge - and Greenwoods (Again - guesswork. Tain't Gilchrists.)

From here, we're outside roads I have ridden.
- On through Thornton Bridge, Dalton, Sowerby, to Thirsk - and the station. Ooops - via which butcher? Or both? Johnson's or H Lee?

- And train back to Leeds for those that want it? 17.00, 18.59, and 21.17 on a Saturday?

Aye - there's a fair amount of guesswork in there. I make it 57 miles. Cross Gates to Otley, I know well. Otley to Knareborough, avoiding Harrogate - I know pretty well. Knaresborough to Boroughbridge - I've done once, and this avoids a busy road. Boroughbridge to Thirsk - hmmm, anybody with better local knowledge?

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
Watching with interest (in pies!!)

Seriously, will keep an eye but will be date dependent and a little logistics :smile:

Julia9054

Guru
In Knaresborough, you want to go to Huttons Butchers on Castlegate

Julia9054

Guru
image.jpg
Rode out to Boroughbridge this afternoon. My husband had a steak pie from here and says it was very good.
He has also sampled Greenwoods - also good.

Top Bottom