13 inuition carbon or baordman carbon ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
SWMBO is kinda warming to the idea of a new bike , next year when C2W comes around again as its the only way im getting one .
I fancy both bikes and i already have a baordman alloy so has anyone got a long term review of either bike please?

I did look at PX but their finance means i would pay just £15 less a month but over 2 years rather than 1 and my company has a £30 keep or return fee so the saving do stack up .

13 rider

Guru
13 I may be bias . Better spec and much more exclusive I only seen two 13 on the roads compared to 100s of Boardman .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Been around much longer than the 13 brand however, and wider range offered
Reading a page that reviewed both seems the weight difference is in the wheels which i would replace anyway .If its true that the 13 is a bit soft under power and the brakes are grabby i would lean towards the boardman but it all depends on spec next year , i wouldnt go less than tiagra .

13 rider

Guru
How flexible is the 13 ? i have read reviews saying its more of a spinner . and im a stand up and grind kinda guy
My 13 is a steel hybrid so can't comment on the roadies . The range hasn't been upgraded since there launch but Halfords seem to be selling off 2015 bike so a possible new range coming out soon . So possible wait and see and try when your ready

T4tomo

Legendary Member
How flexible is the 13 ? i have read reviews saying its more of a spinner . and im a stand up and grind kinda guy
Reviews often spout a load of crap mind. The difference between spinning and grinding is which gear your in, not the brand of the bike. They probably have identical gearing anyway.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Boardman all the way for me. Absolutely loving my Road Pro Carbon and would recommend the brand to anyone.
And if they're good enough for the Brownlee brothers...^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
New range could almost be out by then :smile:. Keep an eye on their sales, especially as they now offer IFC

J1888

Über Member
Really enjoying my Road Team Carbon - seems very nippy to me.

Sadly I paid £900 (includes BC 10% off) about 2 months before it went down to £799 (£720 with BC)

Top Bottom