17th April 2015 Night Ride to Whitstable Postponed to July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Mod Edit : date is 17th April. 2 identical threads were merged.

Following much discussion about night rides in 2015 a small group of regulars are planning a night ride to Whitstable on Friday 1st May 2015. We will be meeting at HPC at 11.30pm. Refreshments will be served at a mid ride stop in Strood and the ride will hopefully finish at the Waterfront Cafe in Whitstable.

If you are interested in the ride, please feel free to put this in your diary and express an interest in this thread. Nearer the time there will be some more administrative rules to follow, such as registration and the need to have 3rd party insurance. Watch this space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
Interested :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
@swarm_catcher has confirmed (20 mins before I posted this) that 2 May is her intended date for the FNRttK. Any chance to move this one back or forward a week? I'd rather not have to pick one or the other.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Stu. We could possibly move this. Nothing is set in stone. However, it would be quite possible to catch the train from Whitstable to Dover and catch the ferry to Dunkerque then train to Brussels to arrive for a night departure. Two nights rides in one weekend!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Stu. We could possibly move this. Nothing is set in stone. However, it would be quite possible to catch the train from Whitstable to Dover and catch the ferry to Dunkerque then train to Brussels to arrive for a night departure. Two nights rides in one weekend!
Interesting idea...but even if I took Friday night off that sounds like a test of endurance rather than fun!

Interested. As nice as Els' Flemish ride sounds, it's very unlikely we'd make that. And Whitstable is a known and well-loved entity. I like repeating good experiences. :smile:

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
There is consideration about moving the ride 2 weeks earlier. Although I think the idea of 2 night rides in 2 different countries in 1 weekend is appealing

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There is consideration about moving the ride 2 weeks earlier. Although I think the idea of 2 night rides in 2 different countries in 1 weekend is appealing
my diary is empty so far away, but Id just note that the 4th May is a bank hol, so there's a higher than usual chance that I may drop out as I may be doing something with the long weekend. Thus a move earlier may be no bad thing.

Top Bottom