1954 Zephyr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The traveller i saw was in the tea time rush hour. It put a smile on my face to see this wonderful car actually doing 30 mph in a 30 mph zone while all those flash Audis, BMW's etc were stuck behind it trying their hardest to overtake. Good for you i thought. The driver even wore a tweed jacket and was smoking a pipe. :smile:
It's the same at my daughters School
There's a steady stream of (what l'd call) fancy cars entering, the last day of term l probably saw;
3 x Audi Q7
4 x Range Rovers (despite being LR lover myself, having had 6, l can't abide the present shape)
3 x B*W X5
One of those 'fugly' Mercedes-Benz that can't decide what it is (looks like their version of the X6)
Various B*W saloons & estates
Heck!!, sometimes l even see a Bentley (the saloon, that has the same front, as the Continental GT)
A Maserati saloon (Quattroporte?)

And, someone picking child up in a Morris 1000 saloon,which is the nicest vehicle there

Plus, towards the end of term, one girl was getting picked up in an i8, now that did look good
And, it turns out, now that Amelia has explained it to me, l know who the owner is, & have been to their house to pick her up
Upon the autumn term, l might just have to have a look at the i8, when l see it there
At last, a B*W, l actually like:eek:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
My dad had one of these for about 7 years. It was always breaking down, but it looked beautiful!
26082010009_1.jpg
My dad had one, too, a Kent-engined 1500 with four on the floor rather than column change. I still remember the registration; KTU 450C.

Cracking car. Then Ford put the V4 in and ruined it. The ads talked of "smooth, silent V-power" from an engine so harsh it was nicknamed "The Haybaler". Fine in a Transit, but not in a saloon car with middle class pretensions.

It was replaced by a P6 Rover 2000, the passenger door of which once flew open whilst I was in the passenger seat, no seat belts in those days. It also rolled down a hill with only me in it as my mum hadn't engaged the handbrake properly (thankfully just a small hill). I was also in it when my dad wedged the bonnet of it under the tailboard of an articulated lorry pulling up to some traffic lights. Perhaps I was just a Jonah.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg

Morris 8 Van , my Dad had one in the 50's , probably the first vehicle I ever travelled in , he came hime one night in a brand new Morris 1000 van , wasnt we the talk of the Street !!

Top Bottom