1977 Peugeot PR10 in West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is a Peugeot PR10 (I think) from January 1977, which would make it one of the early ones. Frame size is 22". It's covered in a thread here but I've just no space/time and I'm not currently well enough to do the work needed. Having bought and collected it there was a general check-over, adjust and re-grease in the workshop at my university but that's all. It's currently in my work's underground bike cage alongside my Dawes Impact and it can't stay there for ever. Therefore I'm offering it on here for the purchase cost plus my petrol.

Worth buying? To quote@mikeymustard "I don't know much about pugs but I know this is a bargain!"

Some background information first:
  • Peugeot frame with 531 main tubes and chromed forks.
  • Simplex gears with Mafac centre pull brakes. All of this works fine. It's 10 speed with a 52/42 front crank.
  • Atax Guidons Philippe Franco Italia D352 bars.
  • Seatpost is free and the bar tape doesn't need replacing.
  • Mavic wheels although the rear does need trueing and I've not had the time to do this. They also need re-greasing.
  • Tyres are in decent condition and usable.
  • Issues are: paintwork is scratched in places (RH fork, rear around derailleur) with some rust bubbles. The clamp for the downtube shifters and the front derailleur are rusty but work fine. The saddle's got scrapes on but if it's a big issue I'm sure I can find a saddle.
The purchase cost was £60 and I'm asking for £10 to cover the fuel costs incurred. So ...
... a special offer to CycleChat members of £70 before I put it onto eBay. No silly offers please as I'll just giggle at you.

The thinking is that it's one of these:

1977_6.jpg

And the obligatory photos:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
2016-09-23%2008.57.39_zpstuv3rjnx.jpg
2016-09-23%2008.57.18_zps3nhvv586.jpg

Currently the Peugeot's in Leeds but it should be in Dewsbury from Tuesday onwards if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Worth buying? To quote@mikeymustard "I don't know much about pugs but I know this is a bargain!"

if i lived close i would buy this asap even the handlebars are selling on ebay between £15 and £25 on there own.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have been looking at a couple of these lately neither of the sellers can be bothered to answer my questions about the bikes they are selling .

So looking at @DCLane pics i would say this is a nice honest bike and the parts are worth the asking price alone ...... me thinks

Well having decided to buy it I agree ^_^ the plan is hopefully to just polish the alloy and hope the paintwork isn't beyond saving,not looking for pristine or showroom just something that looks like it has actually been used and is still being used :bicycle:

Paul

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sold to PMarkey - thanks

Top Bottom