England : Greater Manchester 1st Jan, Kick Off the New Year. Manchester to Alderley Edge and back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Cracking start to the year ! Brilliant ride Steve, photos to follow.
Did not eat enough for the day so I have just raided the fridge for last nights leftovers :laugh:

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Ride thoroughly enjoyed despite my lack of fitness & nearly a year out of cycling.

Cracking friendly folk made the day, no man/woman left behind & found some back lanes of Manchester I never knew existed *thanks Steve*, your boy is a junior cycling ninja !

That cobbled climb was known about but still a shock when I turned the corner & I instantly knew to dismount or fall off disgracefully & the Hobit tunnel by the canal & the approach to it required some artistic riding to navigate but great fun.

So, not only my first forum ride but also my first ever group ride, which is part of the reason I adopted the lantern rouge position, hopefully I did not annoy or endanger anyone out there, group riding skills & etiquette is something I will have to build over time.

Looking forward to @nickyboy Llandudno run now so lot's of training miles to get in as any kind of incline is finding me out !

SteCenturion

I am your Father
@I like Skol

20190101_145320.jpg

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
upload_2019-1-1_21-4-31.png

upload_2019-1-1_21-5-36.png

I am really, really rubbish at remembering to take pictures so these are all I got.

Ride thoroughly enjoyed despite my lack of fitness & nearly a year out of cycling.

Cracking friendly folk made the day, no man/woman left behind & found some back lanes of Manchester I never knew existed *thanks Steve*, your boy is a junior cycling ninja !

That cobbled climb was known about but still a shock when I turned the corner & I instantly knew to dismount or fall off disgracefully & the Hobit tunnel by the canal & the approach to it required some artistic riding to navigate but great fun.

So, not only my first forum ride but also my first ever group ride, which is part of the reason I adopted the lantern rouge position, hopefully I did not annoy or endanger anyone out there, group riding skills & etiquette is something I will have to build over time.

Looking forward to @nickyboy Llandudno run now so lot's of training miles to get in as any kind of incline is finding me out !
It was a great ride, I really enjoyed it. Glad you had a good experience on your first forum ride, they are generally quite addictive so I look forward to joining you on a future ride.
You have made a good point about the diverse environs we passed through, and I alluded to this in the original ride description. The in your face opulence and wealth of the areas of south Manchester contrast strikingly with the gritty inner city locations we also rode through!
Nothing wrong with your riding skills or etiquette but I think we could see you were about beat by the end.

Top Bottom