2 good bikes....Warrington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My much loved Ribble Sportive carbon road bike.........black/red/white 50cm frame.
My Decathlon Rock Rider 8.1 with some unique features. Mainly black with some red & white.

Thieves removed tiles from garage roof......then broke through the plaster board ceiling. All they took were the bikes so it was targeted.........must be someone local(ish)
Police are amazed as, they tell me, that form of entry has-to thier knowledge- only been used for commercial premises.
I dont expect a miracle but will check the normal outlets.
Thanks

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Barstewards mate

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Definitely planned...........they were the only things taken.
Police have more or less closed the case and I have given up hope.
Insurance was very good but with the damage to the roof I lost about £500.00.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Were they locked inside the garage and is your garage alarmed?

They were in the garage.
They weren't locked (see separate thread re' fixing into Thermalite). Not locked as the door is electric and can't be opened from the outside so I "knew" no-one could get it:wacko:..........never thought they would come through the roof:rolleyes:.
I do have an full house alarm with a seperate one for the garage...........didn't have garage alarm on as we were in the house and (again) I "knew" they couldn't get in.
We now have an upgraded alarm........better door locks all round.................just ordered 2 GOLD secure bike locks.............keys are now in secure key cabinet. The words stable door & horse come to mind.
I have even asked my wife to sleep in the garage but for some strange reason she won't comply.

400bhp

Guru
Well, there's a greater chance of repeat theft so a sensible approach. I'd suggest getting some wall anchors and a few motorcycle style chains so the bikes are pretty hard to remove.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well, there's a greater chance of repeat theft so a sensible approach. I'd suggest getting some wall anchors and a few motorcycle style chains so the bikes are pretty hard to remove.
On with it...............having the wall anchors made with holes for 4 resin anchors each.

Top Bottom