2 more seriously injured in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Separate incidents last night (Tue 25th Feb 2014)
One in Battersea (hit by a Bus) and another in Regent Street (hit by a car)
Both sound pretty nasty
Link to Evening Standard
Doesn't appear to have had a lot of coverage elsewhere...

Cut n Paste:
Two cyclists were today fighting for their lives after two rush hour crashes.

A man in his 20s was struck by a bus on St John’s Hill in Battersea while another male cyclist collided with a car in Regent Street.
The cyclist in Battersea was rushed to the major trauma centre in St George’s Hospital, Tooting, suffering head, chest and back injuries following the crash at 4pm yesterday.
Witness Franco Romeo, 60, from Croydon, said: “He was on the stretcher. They kept him there for a long time. I felt very bad because he was not moving at all. He looked in very bad shape. It was very serious.”
A second cyclist in his 60s was also left in a critical condition after a crash with a black Nissan car outside the University of Westminster in Regent Street at 6.30pm yesterday.
Paramedics spent an hour at the roadside administering treatment before he was taken to hospital where his head injuries were described as potentially life-threatening.
A 200-metre stretch of the road was closed to traffic for several hours as officers carried out an investigation.
An eyewitness said: “I heard the loud crash and turned around to see him fall to the ground. I saw it all happen, it took a long time for paramedics to take him away. Poor guy, that’s someone’s loved one.”
Richard Main, a BBC journalist, said: “I was just heading home and the road was completely empty, just the car at one end of the cordon and the poor cyclist’s bike at the other. There were blood stains in the middle of the road and police looking under the car.”
Scotland Yard said no drivers had been arrested.

Kies

That stretch on Regents street is just past the BBC buildings - very wide road, BUT it does have a big intersection with Mortimer Street and Little Portland place. I use it myself on a regular basis
I hope both cyclists pull through :-(

L14M

Über Member
I heard this on breakfast this morning. Feel sorry for them!
Paramedics spent an hour at the roadside administering treatment before he was taken to hospital where his head injuries were described as potentially life-threatening.
Sounds like no helmet :sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Major head injury, but i have no proof thus i'm not going to say any more. This is a sad incident and I think if you want to debate helmets, we have said place to do so.
Thus i'll stop talking about it :thumbsup:
I certainly didn't want to debate helmets here...... Hence my post.
Yes it's very sad, we can debate the facts as they emerge.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Separate incidents last night (Tue 25th Feb 2014)

A second cyclist in his 60s was also left in a critical condition after a crash with a black Nissan car outside the University of Westminster in Regent Street at 6.30pm yesterday.
A 200-metre stretch of the road was closed to traffic for several hours as officers carried out an investigation.
An eyewitness said: “I heard the loud crash and turned around to see him fall to the ground. I saw it all happen, it took a long time for paramedics to take him away. Poor guy, that’s someone’s loved one.”
Sadly this man died last week!
"He was very experienced and had cycled all across London and was surgically welded to his bike ever since he was a teenager"
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...o-died-after-regent-street-crash-9196427.html

Sadly this man died last week!
"He was very experienced and had cycled all across London and was surgically welded to his bike ever since he was a teenager"
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...o-died-after-regent-street-crash-9196427.html
very sad.

respect to his family for releasing the photo in the interests of others.

Top Bottom