England : Cheshire 200 km 'audax-style' forum ride, Sat, 27th June, 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ta, If I do this and it's OK with you then I'll meet you at the Greyhound in Ashley, which is 7.5 miles in, so will get there for 8:20 ish. And I'll do the first bit to Bunbury then jog on back home
That'll be good. Littgull is picking me up from Todmorden at 06:45 and we are guesstimating that the driver to Wilmslow will take just over an hour so we aim to set off as soon as we can after 08:00. It will probably be about 08:30 when we get to the Greyhound.

Wobblers

Euthermic
*Ponders*...

There's no way I can make Wilmslow by 8 - there aren't any trains early enough but it's tempting to cycle out and meet you halfway round. What time do you think you'll reach Bunbury? That would be logical place to meet, or perhaps where you cross the A54 at Kelsall.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

*Ponders*...

There's no way I can make Wilmslow by 8 - there aren't any trains early enough but it's tempting to cycle out and meet you halfway round. What time do you think you'll reach Bunbury? That would be logical place to meet, or perhaps where you cross the A54 at Kelsall.
That would be good.

ETA Kelsall approx. 10:15 and Bunbury 11:15 though unforeseen mechanicals or raging headwinds might delay us ...

If anybody decides to meet us mid-ride, let me know and we could exchange ride phone numbers, or take your chances and try to spot us as we ride by. I will be riding my red Cannondale with black Crud mudguards, and will be wearing a helmet with a peak.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Forecast for Cheshire 200 forum ride 2015.jpg

The forecast is looking ok for the ride - warm and pretty dry, not too windy. What wind there is should be a slight cross/headwind on the way out and a stronger cross/tailwind back, which is what you'd want it if you could not get a windless day! :okay:

Last edited:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I will meet you at the Greyhound aswell Colin and either do the same as 400bhp and ride to Bunbury for cake or if time allows carry on to the Venetian Marina and head back then.Mrs Skud has taken on another shift at work and I cannot risk being later than 6.30pm. Still should be a good ride and at least we get out for most of the day

Wobblers

Euthermic
That would be good.

ETA Kelsall approx. 10:15 and Bunbury 11:15 though unforeseen mechanicals or raging headwinds might delay us ...

If anybody decides to meet us mid-ride, let me know and we could exchange ride phone numbers, or take your chances and try to spot us as we ride by. I will be riding my red Cannondale with black Crud mudguards, and will be wearing a helmet with a peak.

Thanks. I think Kelsall sounds like a winner. @MartinQ's suggested the Greedy Pig as a convenient meeting point, and how can I resist with such a name?! :smile: I just hope they sell CAKE. If I end up running late, I'll meet you at Bunbury. Probably I'll peel off after the Venetian Marina - that should give me a century once I get back to Birkenhead.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

Oh... and you'll recognise me: I'll be the ugly sod with long hair on a black and white Cannondale. :smile:

Have a good ride tomorrow - very regretful that my wife chose (back in February) this weekend to start a week away for a family get-together. No forward planning......

You'll be passing my house on the hill into Malpas. The key's under the plant pot - make yourself a coffee.

A load of red sportive signs have gone up today around here - but I suspect that's for Sunday - along with signs between Malpas and Cholmondeley for the Cholmondeley Castle Triathlon - not sure if Sat or Sun though.

Weather looks good - so have a good day everyone.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hope everyone has a good ride :thumbsup:

Katherine

Guru
I'd love to join you for part of the ride but I'm being gentle on my wrist and elbow at the moment and also doing the 26 miler for the Great Manchester Cycle on Sunday.
Hope you come back this way again later in the year.

Have a great day.

Good to see that Colin and I will have some company for at least part of the ride tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting new chums and riding through the (unfamiliar to me) Cheshire countryside.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I think I have tracked down the source of the annoying ticking sound on my bike - loose chainring bolts! I tightened them up and went round the block a couple of times this evening and the bike was relatively quiet again! :smile:

I am just having a break from tearing my house apart searching for the lead to upload the route to my GPS. I had it for the last forum ride 4 weeks ago so it must be somewhere round here but I think that somebody has 'tidied it away'! :banghead:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I am just having a break from tearing my house apart searching for the lead to upload the route to my GPS. I had it for the last forum ride 4 weeks ago so it must be somewhere round here but I think that a helpful friend has 'tidied it away'! :banghead:
Flipping heck, I finally found it - buried in a box of about 200 cables. on a different floor of the house, behind 2 other boxes!

That's what I call 'tidy chaos' as opposed to my 'chaotic tidiness' ...:wacko:

So, by the time I have programmed the GPS it will be nearly midnight and there is something I want to watch on TV before turning in. I will be up at 5:30 to make sure that I am not late meeting Littgull. I am going to be knackered by the time that I finally get home again! :tired:

Top Bottom