England : Cheshire 200 km 'audax-style' forum ride, Sat, 27th June, 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great report Colin and I'm still on a 'high' after yesterday's superb ride.
I'm about to try and post 4 photos that I took yesterday, so fingers crossed they all load up ok as I'm not well blessed in the techy side of things.

Photo 1 is taken at the lunchtime café stop at Bunbury (L to R rogues gallery is @ColinJ, @skudupnorth and @McWobble). Apologies, @MartinQ, but unfortunately you needed to press on before we took our first photo. But it was nice to meet you and I liked your rich Irish accent.

Photo 2 taken at the Teatime café stop at the impressive Venetion Marina as we were eagerly awaiting our cakes. Well worth the wait!

Photo 3 is same venue but taken by Skud with yours truly standing up in black.

Photo 4 is of Skud in his eye=catching tee shirt with the written sentiments we all agree with.

We had a good banter at the Venetian Marina café stop about accents as amongst we five there was Irish, Mancunian, Kenilworth (Coventry), McWobble (I reckoned yours was Irish, Colin though maybe Scottish) and me with my unmistakenly Westcountry (Torquay) brogue. All brought together via the forum and a love of cycling.
Looking forward to all meeting up again in the near future.

Attachments

• Bunbury Cafe Stop Photo 1.jpg
    Bunbury Cafe Stop Photo 1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Venetion Marina Cafe stop Photo 2 (2.jpg
    Venetion Marina Cafe stop Photo 2 (2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Venetion Marina Cafe stop photo 3.jpg
    Venetion Marina Cafe stop photo 3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Skuds Tees Shirt.jpg
    Skuds Tees Shirt.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 95
@MartinQ, but unfortunately you needed to press on before we took our first photo. But it was nice to meet you and I liked your rich Irish accent.

FFS I'm a geordie :gun:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In case it isn't clear ...

[Text below bicycle] "This one runs on fat and saves you money"

[Text below car] "This one runs on money and makes you fat"

:laugh:
FFS I'm a geordie :gun:
We told him that - I think the sun must have gone to his head! :tongue:

Incidentally, I was told by a Midlander today that they think I sound 'Yorkshire' which to me is completely bonkers. My accent is probably 85% nowhere in particular, 10% Cov/Brum, and 5% Yorkshire? :whistle:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Bottom line we all had a great time and even though some of us met for the first time,w all got on like we had known each other for years with our common love of cycling :hugs: Cannot wait for another ride like that although after adding another 58 miles to the tally today my backside is telling me "can you give it a rest" :eek:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As you can see from the photos, I have finally got the skinny-faced look of my avatar back, but you can also see how grey and receding my hair is now. I think I might as well wait until next year and then post a picture of the 60 year old me. The current picture was taken when I was a youthful 50.

PS My whiskers are not quite that grey though - sun block is making them look almost white!

Wobblers

Euthermic
We had a good banter at the Venetian Marina café stop about accents as amongst we five there was Irish, Mancunian, Kenilworth (Coventry), McWobble (I reckoned yours was Irish, Colin though maybe Scottish) and me with my unmistakenly Westcountry (Torquay) brogue. All brought together via the forum and a love of cycling.
Looking forward to all meeting up again in the near future.

Ha ha! I'm very much Scottish! :smile:

Top Bottom