2012 Bradley Wiggins Pinarello Dogma 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boy1608

Hi there,

I recently won one of Bradley Wiggins 2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 bicycles in a competition.

I am looking to get it insured/valued and wondered what people think t would be worth? I have no real idea.

Pinarello Dogma 2
Dura ace c35 prototype wheels
Durace brakes and gears
Fizik seat
Velocarbon tyres

What do you think? Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've no idea, but I bet @jowwy will buy it off you!

400bhp

Guru
About the same as what a Pinarello bike with the same components would be worth, without the "Wiggo" bit.

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

No this was one of the ones from 2012. Took it out the other day and everything is working and in good nick...no marks on it. So really pleased

Hip Priest

Veteran
No this was one of the ones from 2012. Took it out the other day and everything is working and in good nick...no marks on it. So really pleased

Sorry, I misread it. So do you know which races it was used in then? I'm sure a bike ridden by Wiggins during his Tour winning year would be well sought after.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've no idea, but I bet @jowwy will buy it off you!
Its plastic, its a pinarello, its a dogma. I'm out

Would prefer a real bike

OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

That I am not 100% on that. The description in the comp I won was just for a 2012 Bradley bike. I have no idea what number of bikes they use... But quite likely it was used in more than one.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I brought a team sky bike a few years ago, cost me 4k and I know someone who owns a 2012 wiggo dogma who paid 3.5k for it.
They can still be brought from Sky as they have been available every year.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,24896_8683664,00.html

Sorry to let you know but @400bhp is bang on the money, unless you have the bike he won the tour or olympics on and can prove it then its not worth any real noticable money, there are absolutely loads of wiggo bikes around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boy1608

Boy1608

I brought a team sky bike a few years ago, cost me 4k and I know someone who owns a 2012 wiggo dogma who paid 3.5k for it.
They can still be brought from Sky as they have been available every year.

http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,24896_8683664,00.html

Sorry to let you know but @400bhp is bang on the money, unless you have the bike he won the tour or olympics on and can prove it then its not worth any real noticable money, there are absolutely loads of wiggo bikes around.
Cool thanks. This is the reason I was asking. Have the certificate from Sky with it to prove its one he used on the tour, so hopefully worth a bit more

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Cool thanks. This is the reason I was asking. Have the certificate from Sky with it to prove its one he used on the tour, so hopefully worth a bit more

Not really.. it could have been sat on a set of rollers throughout the duration of the tour and used for warm ups, it could have even been a training bike used in the tour.
I doubt very much that the bike is the specification of the race bikes Wiggo used in the tour, for example does the bike you have feature osymetric elliptical chain rings and a SRM power meter?

Team%20Sky%20bikes%20TdF%202012%2006.jpg

The reality is that unless you can prove that the bike has historical significance, its worth no more than a normal Dogma to anyone other than a Wiggo fanboy.

Top Bottom