FNRttC 2017 (that's next year, folks) thinking ride thread

You do want to come on this tour don't you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Thanks, @hatler I've removed that line. I'm hoping a grown-up will be along at some point to make things clear. But save the date. It's a short ride, suitable for a mini-@hatler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Indeed. That's up to the ride leader. He has A Proper Job.
(Whereas I have been thrown on the scrapheap - in the prime of life - by the brutal captitalist system. so have time to do this sort of thing.

Time for a separate thread for the Xmas Lights night ride ?

Indeed. That's up to the ride leader. He has A Proper Job.
(Whereas I have been thrown on the scrapheap - in the prime of life - by the brutal captitalist system. so have time to do this sort of thing.
@AKA Bob has it on his To Do List, @hatler! :okay:

ianmac62

Guru
Via Baarle-Hertog and Baarle-Nassau? As our trans-Atlantic cousins probably wouldn't say, one of the exclavest places in the world.

That is fascinating. Seems that the patches of land have belonged to different lords since the twelfth century and, so strong has local tradition been, that they survived unchanged so that when the modern border was settled by the (19th-century) Treaty of Maastricht, things were just left as they had always been.

Our trans-Atlantic cousins - the ones at the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo) - go for "enclavated". Their work points to a doctoral thesis by Brendan Whyte at the University of Melbourne, from which ...

You'll want to pedal along the India-Bangladesh border, @srw, to go through the Cooch-Behar enclaves. Here there are several "counter-enclaves" (an enclave within an enclave) and the world's only counter-counter-enclave.
Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 21.28.53.png

A road goes through the Bangladeshi counter-enclave (entirely surrounded by an Indian enclave within Bangladesh) from which a track heads towards some tall trees at the edge of which a pillar which marks the western point of the Indian counter-counter-enclave (entirely surrounded by the Bangladeshi counter-enclave).

Now that will be the most enclavated jute field in the world.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
the Festive Night Ride to the Christmas
  • Midnight start. Arrive about 11.30pm on December 17. This is a
Saturday

How could you forget this?

the halfway stop is a tad upmarket from the usual motorway services. It's all in London, distance is not great. Wrap up. It's winter.
You'll be able to catch just about the first train home - remember you'll be returning on a Sunday so the first train will probably be later than it would on a weekday. It's not a specially long night.

Last edited:

ianmac62

Guru
Thanks, @mmmmartin, just wanted that final, final confirmation before getting my super-cheap senior person's advance rail tickets to that London.

Now just contemplating which train home from Euston on the Sunday from a choice of 0654, 0724, 0752, 0824 and 0855.

Do you think there will be after-ride beersies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom