FNRttC 2017 (that's next year, folks) thinking ride thread

You do want to come on this tour don't you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Cool. Thank you. I'll run this one past the co-ordinating committee.
It's been run past the committee and has received a universal thumbs down I am afraid. Mrs hatler can think of nothing more impossible than staying awake all night and mini-hatler reckons it will be too cold. There's a half-chance I might be persuaded out.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The theory is that we'll be under the "London duvet effect" so the cold won't be too bad. Staying awake all night is easier when you are, er, mature of years rather than a mere teenager, obvs. The distances will not be great.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I suggest you don't bother with their subs until they do a ride, then hand over cash to the ride leader. I'm not sure we should take money for offspring, really.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good (I hope) news. Leave form went in some weeks back (end of September). I get the full six weeks, of which I had to pick five. I selected six, with second choices, but got five, the last week remaining to be picked. The week I didn't get was w/c July 3, which was slightly annoying as the week of The Tour That's Happening, whereas I got September 11 (week of The Tour That Isn't). Hrmph. Thought I might end up with similar shenanigans as last year, when I finally got sorted at the end of January. Nope. A few days after I got the dates back, the list of where the remaining spare slots were for each leave group and June 3 was still available for selection. I had a week in June, thinking of returning to Paris again if the Download line-up appealed- and it mostly didn't. So I put in to move that week, three weeks ago. Revised leave card back today, and I got it. So I will actually be able to book stuff as soon as the details are sorted! Six odd days remain for gigs and cycling in exotic locations like York and Cardiff.

Also had May Day week. Eurostar tickets appear to be going fast, so might ring EuroDespatch tomorrow to see when I can get a bike to Brussels....

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The week I didn't get was w/c July 3, which was slightly annoying as the week of The Tour That's Happening, whereas I got September 11 (week of The Tour That Isn't).
But all is not lost:
yes, good, w/c July 3 is The Tour, and w/c September 11 is the date for the possible "Le Sightseer"
Admittedly this was posted by me in September which was a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom