Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley 3 ferries. April 27th 2014.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Need to learn how to ride one first :laugh:
But yes, thinking about it, one to use just for our CC Ecosse rides, I like my everyday steeds to be solid, so I don't become a lazy pedaler :smile:
Get flat bar "road" bikes that are basically same but with erm......flat bars^_^

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Next time I'll use my bus pass :blush:
The Mhor is not a climber

:laugh: erm, this is CYCLEChat, not BusChat ...
I suppose this is another one of CC Ecosse's infamous 'almost flat' routes, with just the odd small bump ;)
Haven't tried this route yet :hyper:.

Just one thought on the date, now that Pedal on Parliament have announced that their ride will take place on Saturday 26th April ... how flexible is this ride's date at this stage?
For me it wouldn't be a problem, as PoP is almost on my doorstep, but those who wanted to cycle across from further afield might not be able to fit in two whole days of swanning about on their bikes and shirking other duties ...

T

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just one thought on the date, now that Pedal on Parliament have announced that their ride will take place on Saturday 26th April ... how flexible is this ride's date at this stage?

I have just sent an e-mail off to the organisers of PoP, explaining their oversight, and respectfully reminding them that they will of course have to change the date of their ride. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have just sent an e-mail off to the organisers of PoP, explaining their oversight, and respectfully reminding them that they will of course have to change the date of their ride. :thumbsup:
To be serious though ...... The previous weekend is Easter, and I will be off to York on the motorised 2 wheeler for a weekend with like minded wearers of leather :whistle:. I am keeping May clear of everything, as I might be heading off to the continent for most, if not all of it. Which really only leaves the date already nominated......

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I am still going to the Ferries ride: if I should feel riding to PoP is too much, I'll take the train to Edinburgh, or ride half way, or just walk to the Parliament. The important thing is being there, not riding there :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
To be serious though ...... The previous weekend is Easter, and I will be off to York on the motorised 2 wheeler for a weekend with like minded wearers of leather :whistle:. I am keeping May clear of everything, as I might be heading off to the continent for most, if not all of it. Which really only leaves the date already nominated......

Your call, it's your ride :thumbsup:
I was just checking whether a move might be easy. Very inconsiderate of the PoP organisers :laugh: to just pinch the date before your ride ... if only you knew just how much hard work it took to get that date sorted! :bravo:to the PoP team, including of course our very own HJ :hugs:

T

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Your call, it's your ride :thumbsup:
I was just checking whether a move might be easy. Very inconsiderate of the PoP organisers :laugh: to just pinch the date before your ride ... if only you knew just how much hard work it took to get that date sorted! :bravo:to the PoP team, including of course our very own HJ :hugs:

T

Having been involved in the organising of several motorcycle rideouts and weekend trips in the past, experience has taught me that being overly flexible with the original plans leads to more problems than it's worth :thumbsup:.
I know there are only 2 definite participants in this ride so far, but it will go ahead anyway. That is not to say that another one couldn't be arranged on another date. Maybe in Ayrshire somewhere, or possibly even just a day out on Bute, aka "The one ferry ride" :smile:.

Top Bottom