39t Chainring - 110mm BCD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I am looking for a 39t chainring to replace the 34t one that adorns my Sunrace chainset. The jump between the 34 and 50 rings is too great and I wan to lessen the gap with the larger inner ring. Must have 110mm BCD (Bolt Circle Diameter) to fit my chainset.

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

gds58

Über Member
Try this link to this chainring on ebay. It's a 38 not 39 but for some reason you will not find many 39's for 110BCD. I bought one of these for my Campagnolo compact chainset which was also 50/34 and I found the 34 to be a complete waste of time and far too low geared. These particular chainrings are of nice quality and are very reasonably priced. Should be just what you need!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120680594...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3032wt_1142

gds58

Über Member
Sounds like you needed a standard double chainset instead of a compact!

Kind of! My bike came with a compact carbon Centaur with the usual 50/34 rings and I didn't want to have to change the whole crankset. I like the 50 ring as opposed to a 52/53 that you might get on a standard chainset, but the 34 was a waste of time so a 38 or 39 made much more sense and the change from big to small and back is much smoother as well. The biggest gear of 50 x 11 is 122.7" in old money which is still bigger than the 119.2" you get from a 53 x 12 but the 50t ring makes it much more 'usable' all the time.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can see the sense in that.

I've gone the other way on my Basso. I wanted lower gears so I have a big sprocket and a triple chainset but I don't need a big big ring and a small small sprocket so I use a 14-28 cassette. I don't have the near-redundant 12 & 13 sprockets and instead I get a better choice of bigger sprockets and more opportunity to use the big ring.

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Try this link to this chainring on ebay. It's a 38 not 39 but for some reason you will not find many 39's for 110BCD. I bought one of these for my Campagnolo compact chainset which was also 50/34 and I found the 34 to be a complete waste of time and far too low geared. These particular chainrings are of nice quality and are very reasonably priced. Should be just what you need!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120680594...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3032wt_1142

I noticed that Spa Cycles sell 110mm BCD rings but not in the 39t size, they only sell 38 and 40t chainrings for £14 inclusive of postage but not 39t for some reason. Would a single tooth either way affect things much? I was only posting on here to see if anyone had a 39t ring knocking about.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A single tooth won't make much difference on a chainring. Personally, I'd go for the 38T rather than the 40T, to give a fractionally lower bottom gear, but there's not that much difference TBH.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
SJS sell these at 39T. Just click on the "Select Teeth" drop down arrow.

Top Bottom