England : London 40th! Ideas for a LMNH area family ride on Sat 18th Oct?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Morning all,

I'll be celebrating my 40th in LMNH from 3pm on Saturday 18th October, and am trying to pull together a London based ride beforehand. All cake and no miles will not sit well with me.

Constraints are, I'm likely to have the clan with me, so it'd need to be family friendly. Does anyone have any ideas of route / suitability? Ted's only 6 (bless) so if nothing suitable, I may just ride up with him on the tandem and meet our girls there.

Any thoughts?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
New Cross to Old Street?
Follow the Circle Line? (Or your favourite other tube line)

The City is likely to be quiet on a Saturday - St Pauls, the Tower, all the skyscrapers.

This is going to be a fab day! If there is another option to the Olympic Park then I would be very happy. There are quiet roads to Regents Park (hello giraffes), a loop up Primrose Hill (great view even if there's a stroll to the top) via Camden to Islington and down for a loop of the City before heading back to LMNH. Kind of thing.

Mice :hello:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Both ideas good. Must confess the thought of the magnificent breakfast at ViewTube leads me to favour the Olympic Park. They also do very nice cakes.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Look Mum No Hands... A cycling cafe/bar in London.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Last call!

Will be under the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner for midday on Saturday. Hope to be able to see you there. Aim is to get to LMNH for 3pm, where I have evidenciary support for the promise of cake.

Been too long since I rode with many of you. Let's get that sorted, no?

Andy.

Top Bottom