5 Stolen Bikes, Garage Theft.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cayopro

Cayopro

Yeah thanks Doc.

I would say somebody had seen the bikes and the word has got about...... a friend of a friend of a friend etc........... The garage was targeted !!!

carolonabike

Those are beautiful bikes and you have my sympathy. Fingers crossed you get them back, might it help that they are so distinctive?

This served as a reminder to check my own insurance and lo and behold, it's also a max of £500 per bike.

PK99

Legendary Member
No mate, your dead right....

Ian, Insurance......there not being very helpful at all, when my wife set the policy up they said they would cover 5 bikes up to the value of £2500 each, which would be ok, after talking to them today they are now saying £500 per bike...............which is NO GOOD at all :-( NOT impressed...

Plenty of scope for misunderstanding there - i always follow up such conversations with an email or letter....

Also, after having 4 bikes stolen from my garage a few years ago (scrotes simply cut through the various cable locks), i now have mine in the garage chained by a motorbike security chain to substantial ground anchors and locked with a Gold Secure lock

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
£500 per bike seems to be the going amount unless you specify them separately and then the cover price increases (sharply!). I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like your Wife has heard them say £2500 (5 bikes x £500) and assumed they meant each bike. Hope you get it sorted though. :sad:

PK99

Legendary Member
£500 per bike seems to be the going amount unless you specify them separately and then the cover price increases (sharply!). I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like your Wife has heard them say £2500 (5 bikes x £500) and assumed they meant each bike. Hope you get it sorted though. :sad:

I'm with hiscox insurance, the will cover any number of bikes up to £1000 each without prior specification, above that they want details of each bike but no extra premium on the £2k bike i'm about to buy.

they paid out full replacement cost (£999) for a 3 year old tricross written off in an accident without any quibble

e-rider

crappy member
awful news - when my bike was stolen insurance only paid out £500

I now have a whole load of D-locks in the shed and a seperate insurance policy just for the bikes.

5 in one go is truely terrible!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
have a wander around local cash converters style pawn shops you'd be amazed to see your pride and joy in prime position in the window.

Top Bottom