60. What now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:birthday: :hungry: :cheers: Happy birthday fella

classic33

Leg End Member
old age.jpg

davidphilips

Veteran
dont know if its the same in mainland but i was asked to witness/sign an application for a over 60 pass application a friend collected from the local train station,if you dont want friends to know your age you can get your bank/building society to sign application plus you will need recent photo, good luck and happy birthday.

Sharky

Guru
Only have to beat 27:38 for a plus on age standard for a 10,

And free eye tests.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Happy Birthday!

I had my 60th at the start of the year and have had quite a good year so far.

I don't think you'll qualify for a bus pass till at least 65 now. Maybe i'm wrong? Happy birthday anyway!:cheers:
Aged 60 in Scotland, Wales, NI and London, and female state pension age in rest of England so 66+ for people just turning 60, or 60 in the future!

dont know if its the same in mainland but i was asked to witness/sign an application for a over 60 pass application a friend collected from the local train station,if you dont want friends to know your age you can get your bank/building society to sign application plus you will need recent photo, good luck and happy birthday.
60 to qualify for a Senior Railcard, which costs £30 a year. I got mine this year.

Free prescriptions!
Yep - I now get my rat poison free for life!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Happy Birthday!

I had my 60th at the start of the year and have had quite a good year so far.

Aged 60 in Scotland, Wales, NI and London, and female state pension age in rest of England so 66+ for people just turning 60, or 60 in the future!

60 to qualify for a Senior Railcard, which costs £30 a year. I got mine this year.

Yep - I now get my rat poison free for life!
I didn't know (or forgot) about the senior railcard but for £10 I got a 60+ Oyster card, which lasts up to full retirement. Free bus and offpeak (not sure about the off peak times) London trains, DLR and tube. In practice, I'm not sure I've got my money back yet because I use public transport so rarely.

As I have kidney disease, free prescriptions is a big bonus, saving me £100 a year.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its a number. Thats all. We are looking at LEL next year. I am 58 but I am a toy boy.

In fact looking at LEL and PBP, 60 is an average age for them.

Top Bottom