60. What now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I got my bus pass at 60 and 3 months if I remember correctly. Go on the local gov website to check.
The library can issue it for you.
Happy birthday

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Happy birthday and welcome to the club. Here in Wales, we can get an application from the local library. You need a photo as well. Take it back to the library and wait for your bus pass to arrive in the post, but as busses are far and few between I have not bothered. :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not sure of the min age for the bus, maybe not 'till you're 65 but it definitely worth getting a over 60's rail card and register with someone like https://www.thetrainline.com/ .
If you use them in combination you can get some cracking rail deals. Last time I was over I travelled from London to Sheffield first class for £12, off peak.
Happy birthday.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Its all down hill from here ! Every thing will sag, wrinkle and stop working ! Enjoyxx

That's the other thing to look forward to......a poor memory and dulled faculties

Poor guy, so he may as well book up for Euthanasia now. Don't listen! With more time and freedom to do what you want (funds allowing) you'll have the time of your life.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The age for bus pass entitlement seems to increase for every month till you reach 60. And then it's a faff (depending where you live) to apply. I really couldn't be bothered with the forms, proofs and whatever, so I guess I shall just have to keep pedalling.

Top Bottom