60. What now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I'm going to be stubborn here. It is a bus pass, and a tube pass,and a suburban train pass, and a DLR pass. It probably even works on trams but I'm not going over to Croydon to find out. And it will get me near to the homes of around 10 million people for free. Absolutely no use on the south coast or the Scottish Republic, I concede, but I insist that, insofar as it will get me onto public transport for free, it actually is a bus pass (amongst other passes).

Here, have a smiley...;)

So far the only places I haven't been able to use my bus pass have been Wales, and Chester park and ride. If I'm going to Birmingham I'll drive across Coventry to Tile Hill Station use the free car park and hop on the train using my bus pass, its far easier than driving into Birmingham and finding somewhere to park.

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
IMG_0222.JPG
@guitarpete247, this gift from the NHS will be winging its way towards you as we speak. Another one arrived for me today so I can show you the splendid equipment. Have fun! :okay:

BTW, if you don't get one within the next couple of months, ask your GP for one. It's worth it.

Philh

Über Member
I don't think you'll qualify for a bus pass till at least 65 now. Maybe i'm wrong? Happy birthday anyway!:cheers:

You can be a Twirly! Not sure what it is now but the bus pass couldn't be used until 9.30. They used to wait for the bus and shout at the drive "are we too early?"

And thats why they were called Twirlies.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah, it's a pain being asked for ID when you buy a bottle of plonk in Tesco's, isn't it?
My sister (aged 58) made a joke at a Lidl checkout, pretending to be upset about not being asked for ID when buying a bottle of wine so I whipped out my Senior Railcard and made a joke about a ticket inspector refusing to accept that it was genuine. The woman on the till asked how old you need to be to qualify and I told her 60-plus. She looked confused and asked why I had got one then? I said - 'Ha ha, you should have gone to Specsavers!'

OP
OP
guitarpete247

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
View attachment 145624 @guitarpete247, this gift from the NHS will be winging its way towards you as we speak. Another one arrived for me today so I can show you the splendid equipment. Have fun! :okay:

BTW, if you don't get one within the next couple of months, ask your GP for one. It's worth it.
Mine arrived yesterday.
Surely it would be easier for to send them some of my old boxers:laugh:

Top Bottom