7mm Alan key - 32mm spanner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Both available at reasonable prices on eBay and various other site. Try using google shopping, you can get sorted with both for under a tenner

Sharky

Guru
Never tried, but I'm sure I read that you could use two Allen keys to make up the larger size. So a 3mm with a 4mm.
Let us know if it works.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Never tried, but I'm sure I read that you could use two Allen keys to make up the larger size. So a 3mm with a 4mm.
Let us know if it works.

well ok if you're stuck miles from anywhere, in which case a useful bodge, but as a plan at home, really ?

Single allen key can't possibly be more than a fiver. A full set of stainless steel high quality facom ones cost me £20 odd - ditto a 3/8" drive set of Sykes-Pic allen key drivers.

32mm spanner might be a bit more but again, a sensible high quality 2nd hand one off fleabay isn't going ti be that much

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Let us know if it works.

LEGEND! THats worked a treat!

I imagine I can more easily pick up a spanner locally. If you're ever in Liverpool let me grab you a pint!

Sharky

Guru
LEGEND! THats worked a treat!

I imagine I can more easily pick up a spanner locally. If you're ever in Liverpool let me grab you a pint!

Glad it worked.
You never know, I might take you up on that. My home town is Prescot and we come up from Kent to visit relatives a couple of times a year.

U

User33236

32mm spanner for under a fiver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/121548520802

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
[QUOTE 4097126, member: 9609"]of course, and I should have known that, an adjustable wrench was too fat to fit on it alongside other wrench to tighten it up, I'm sure I made my own out of a piece of flat bar.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that the top of a tange falcon headset is reverse threaded? Ehhhhh....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
No, it doesn't. Threaded headsets have a set nut, and a locknut, both conventional thread.
They're a painus anus to set up.
Aheadsets, OTOH, can be set up using a multitool, in the beer garden of the Pig and Whistle, after three pints of Bombardier. Apparently.:cheers:

T'other news is that they tend to be double ended and dual socket, fittig all standard sizes. If you are unsure it is 32 mm this should solve your problem

This one (as an example)has 30, 32, 36 and 40 mm for about £6 from a number of sources

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnQ2w3E3EIcL4eJPqe_aA_Bvq7G6fwNBzrrrQfCw3sKFXhWdV4Z5Ha39J-e2jpoGXQLTHLeYk&usqp=CAE.jpg

Top Bottom