83 Handbags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
A peculiar conversation this morning.

Wife: I think I'm addicted to buying cloth nappies. They're so cute.
Me: Well we do have rather a lot. But they're not really for you, they're for the baby so that's ok.
Wife: You know how some people can't stop buying just one thing? Guess how many handbags [friend] has got.
Me: I dunno, maybe a dozen?
Wife: 83!
Me: Well she does like to coordinate, although I don't see how she'll ever use 83 of the things. Anyway, I just buy bike stuff.
Wife: Yeah you do. You should buy more bike stuff.

So... as justification for my wife buying the baby a couple of extra nappies, I am being encouraged to buy 83 handbags worth of bike stuff...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I never knew that N+1 could reasonably be applied to handbags!
Fortuitously, MrsPete doesn't read this forum.....
Or does she? :ph34r:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
83 handbags worth.........................that could amount to a LOT of bike gear but like the handbags you can only wear / use one item at a time, you could always buy another bike "because you like the look of them" :okay:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I am actually married to Imelda Marcos, disguised as an ordinary Englishwoman. Every time she buys a pair of shoes, I get carte blanche to buy bike bits. The relationship works, on that level at least.

ae53d779a1b592affb092161a854e6a9.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
a few years ago i had a conversation with a friend...

friend: I was sorting out my underwear drawer yesterday, guess how many bras i found?
me: Err... i dunno... twenty?
friend: More!
me: Thirty?
me: Err... thirty five?
friend: Fifty-seven!
me: 'kinell Kev!

Dave7

Legendary Member
a few years ago i had a conversation with a friend...

friend: I was sorting out my underwear drawer yesterday, guess how many bras i found?
me: Err... i dunno... twenty?
me: Thirty?
me: Err... thirty five?
friend: Fifty-seven!
me: 'kinell Kev!
That has put my mind at rest. I was worried that I had 42 bras.
Mind you.....I am a bloke.
Should I still worry ??

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not going to tell people how much Mrs Ian paid for one her handbags... but put it this way. You can get a really decent bike for the same price.
But hey..I'm not complaining after all the money I spend on bikes and bike gear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I never knew that N+1 could reasonably be applied to handbags!
Fortuitously, MrsPete doesn't read this forum.....
Or does she? :ph34r:
My wife's point was that everybody has one thing they can apply that to. In her case it's nappies!
83 handbags worth.........................that could amount to a LOT of bike gear but like the handbags you can only wear / use one item at a time, you could always buy another bike "because you like the look of them" :okay:
I don't really like buying bikes, I'd much rather buy bits of bikes and put them together myself. And it would be a lot of gear, but we're supposed to be moving house, I can't afford 83 handbags worth of bike stuff at the moment, where am I going to find the money? It's got me worried. :huh:

This seems a perfectly reasonable arrangement. I hope you've got the deal signed so it can't be reneged upon?
We are seeing a solicitor in relation to the house move so I'll see if she can put something together :okay:
Looks like your wife is building up to purchase something expense and softening you up a bit.
She is. It's one of these, with elephants on it
miosolo-elephant-parade.jpg

That has put my mind at rest. I was worried that I had 42 bras.
Mind you.....I am a bloke.
Should I still worry ??
I think that was the joke...

SteCenturion

I am your Father
A peculiar conversation this morning.

Anyway, I just buy bike stuff.
Wife: Yeah you do. You should buy more bike stuff.

So... as justification for my wife buying the baby a couple of extra nappies, I am being encouraged to buy 83 handbags worth of bike stuff...

Fancy a swop ?

A spot of abject misery might be a breath of fresh air for you .... :sad:

Top Bottom