A BBC radio presenter ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... uttered a few unscripted words after a cyclist, annoyed at being overtaken on the road, grabbed his car keys and sped off.

Near Bolton Abbey - on a Sunday. Anybody who rides those roads know what they can be like.

Lots of things in Ahad's story don't ring true - he "actually doesn't give a toss about cyclists" (like a whole lot of other Sunday drivers out of Leeds or Bradford on those roads); the "cyclist was causing a tailback by weaving all over the road to try prevent people overtaking him” - hmmm, heard that one before; and apparently, "well, any cyclists out there, he ain’t giving you a good name."

And something about Ahad's story ----------- has me grinning from ear to ear. And minded to ignore his twitter appeal to cyclists to help him recover his keys :evil:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hmmmm - you don't just reach in and get car keys. Something doesn't ring true here.

Oh, and:

"The rider is described as “Spanish-looking”, skinny, about 5ft 10ins, with a dark complexion. He spoke with an English accent and was riding a black and red racing bike and wearing a black cycling top."

That could be one of many riders mid-summer.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
"...after the rider snatched his bunch of keys from his ignition and peddled off."

eyeroll.gif

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Done in a tad more depth on road.cc The red car vigilante apparently targeted the wrong cyclist after charging off in pursuit and seems to have subjected the guy to a Dual like campaign of vehicular intimidation and harassment.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Being done in more detail on road.cc. The red car vigilante apparently targeted the wrong cyclist after charging off in pursuit and seems to have subjected the guy to a Dual like campaign of vehicular intimidation and harassment

Report and comments

http://road.cc/content/news/195074-bbc-dj-car-keys-appeal-after-cyclist-altercation

Related forum thread

http://road.cc/content/forum/194969...olton-abbey-yorkshire-26th-june-and-plea-help

If Ahad knows who the red car people are he should tell the cops. I asked him on twitter not to yell at cyclists on the road, as he admitted, he said "Another witness!" , I asked him not to drive close to cyclists and he blocked me.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Or becoming suddenly dead, as victims of road rage occasionally do. Twotty started an unnecessary confrontation and now has the cheek to bleat when it didn't go his way. I'm sure he's enthrallingly entertaining on the wireless.

Not.

Top Bottom