A caravan you can pull by bike!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Clever thing :smile:

I wouldn't want to try towing it uphill though. On the flatlands, it'd be great !

Love the principal and for those of us who no longer appreciate tents or youth hostels it would seem to be both a practical and cost effective solution but the thought of doing an End to End with it on the back and some of the hills on the way puts the idea into perspective. (I get a picture in my mind of struggling up Glen Coe in the lowest gear into a headwind and then the horror of being pushed down to Glen Coe village)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Much better idea with an Electric bike or a moped.

I can sleep in a tent when its belting down with rain but I would go deaf in that camper.

. Certainly no use in mountains or even hilly country and how do you get round cycle path barriers with it?

Its a nice idea but impractical.

Neilsmith

Yeah I'd agree with the electric bike comment, and I wouldn't like to ride with these 40-50mph gusts we have here in Wales at the moment

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Might be OK in the wide open spaces of America, but towing that on minor roads in the UK is an accident waiting to happen.

Nearly every pass from a motor vehicle would be a close one, and pulling over to let an impatient driver pass might not always be easy.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You could buy a lot of high quality lightweight camping stuff for the 3500 euros and still be able to ride uphill or against the wind.

Top Bottom