A day ride in France - Sat. 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clivedb

Guru
Such as the Fridays' Tour of the Low Countries, f'rinstance? Just sayin......
I'm following the discussions with keen interest, Martin!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Righto... Ferry is booked for £19.47 through @Mark Grant 's link.

Route: Dover to Calais
Departing: Sat 11 April 2015 at 0925
Arriving: Sat 11 April 2015 at 1155
Passenger : 1 Adult
Method of Transport: Bicycle

1x1.gif
1x1.gif

Route: Calais to Dover
Departing: Sat 11 April 2015 at 2035
Arriving: Sat 11 April 2015 at 2105
Passenger : 1 Adult
Method of Transport: Bicycle

1x1.gif
1x1.gif

Cost: 19.47 GBP

Attachments

• 1x1.gif
    1x1.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 45
  • 1x1.gif
    1x1.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 42
  • 1x1.gif
    1x1.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 46
Last edited:
U

User10571

No worries Rebecca,
It's not like we need to desperately book the ferry tonight....

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I get the same, £40 return instead of £20
@Flying Dodo
Curiouser and curiouser. I've got 2 tickets for a total of £40 return on the P&O web site (plus I'll get £2.40 back from Quidco). I suspect that P&O Ferries do a sneaky thing that certain budget airlines do, and have dynamic pricing so that if you keep checking a fare, the price goes up! Either that or they're guaging how rich you are and pricing accordingly! Hopefully you're both sorted through aferry or ferrysavers web sites but if not, try clearing cookies and/or use a different browser.

Last edited:

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Ferry has just been booked through AFerry,co,uk, so count me in.

Thanks for that link, Mark

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
The date is no good for me either, but maybe a future repeat run would work if I can find a crash-pad in London the night before :smile:.
:sad:

It may run later on in the year!

Although you can avoid the London option, as you could get the 05:10 train from Brighton, changing at Eastbourne, Ashford International, to then get the same HS1 as us, arriving Dover 07:41. Not ideal though, as that Eastbourne to Ashford train is so slow.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That train journey is enough to make anyone lose the will to live! And then I'd need to get home afterwards. I think this is a great idea, but on second thoughts maybe for me it's too much travelling and expense for a relatively short ride. Oh well.
Inclined to agree. The via-London option is £45 or so for me (yes, that's with the Railcard discount), and the not-London services are about £13 but can't get me home.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Plenty of eateries in Wimereux, if that's still the plan. We camped overnight on the way back to the chunnel two years ago. Chez Yann looked interesting but we hadn't had the foresight to book, so we ended up in the Brasserie de la Mairie instead. Decent nosh (including a seafood pasta which I've replicated a few times using half a bottle of Lidl lobster bisque as a sauce), reasonable prices and friendly helpful staff.

Top Bottom