A eyeopener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Ive been riding to work on my Cube full carbon road bike the last couple of month,s ,thanks to the b*****d who nicked my Speccy Allez Sports. While I loved every second spent on the Cube, I just didnt like the thought of salt, grit and general crud getting into the groupset during this time of year.
I was overjoyed when my mate phoned me on Saturday to say hes getting a new bike ,so he doesnt need my original commuter, ( A old Apollo Cafe from Halfords which was given to me ) which I gave to him about a year ago and would I like it back ?
so ........ at 6 AM this morning I ditched the clipless pedals and lycra and climbed aboard the clunker that is the Apollo. After about 50 yards of wobbling and laughing to myself at the weight and general ride of the beastie, I managed to get to grips with my giggles and continued up the road taking in a decent hill and descent on the way.

you know what ............... ?

I fricking loved it !!, a smile rarely left my face all the way to Stockwell.

what im getting at, is it made me realise how much I truely love this cycling lark, be it hammering around the North Downs or crawling up a hill with a rucksack on my back astride a heavyweight special.
So I just like to say " thank you " to my lovely wife who suggested I pedal to work in the first place avoiding 3 buses each way to and from work taking in the joys of gangsta rap and hardcore grime blaring out of the schoolkids phones while on the bus.
I salute you :highfive:

RedRider

Pulling through
Ha ha, I thought I heard something squeaking and rattling this morning. Nice one.

Top Bottom