A few bits for a hack bike project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i have been given a bike frame on the ctc forum but unfortunately it needs a lot more parts than i had envisaged so if anyone has the following parts lying in a spares box ?
Flat bar grips
Bar ends
Bottom bracket cable guide
Single ring chainset or chain ring bolts for a single ring. found a front mech that fits the frame so will go double now
Solid wheel axles for road bike wheels
I tried to use my spare QR wheels but the axle ends do not come far enough out to sit in the drop outs enough to be safe for my liking.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I have a pair (well.. 2, not necessarily a pair) of solid axle wheels from a hybrid, 700c. Rear has a freewheel attached, 7 speed I think.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I have a pair (well.. 2, not necessarily a pair) of solid axle wheels from a hybrid, 700c. Rear has a freewheel attached, 7 speed I think.
I only needed the axles , i already have wheels and an 8 speed shifter so i am not sure if they would work with 7 speed wheels if i added them to the build ?
I have a pair of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titec-ends-Hell-Bent-L-Bend/dp/B001BYOOCY

And I'm pretty sure I have a cable guide as well. Possibly grips as well, but I'd need to check.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.
PMed :smile:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

probably got "Flat bar grips, Bar ends, Bottom bracket cable guide"
let me know if you need them
(n-1 = dismantled old 21 speed steel mtb, all sorts of parts going)
I am still looking for bar grips , bar ends and axles please .
ordered a bottom bracket guide off ebay as it was probably cheaper than what it would cost to post one .

I am still looking for bar grips , bar ends and axles please .
ordered a bottom bracket guide off ebay as it was probably cheaper than what it would cost to post one .
will PM you some photos tomorrow - feeling off colour at the moment.
axles I have are on 26" wheels so probably no use - but I do have them in pieces so can add them to photos with lengths as well.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

will PM you some photos tomorrow - feeling off colour at the moment.
axles I have are on 26" wheels so probably no use - but I do have them in pieces so can add them to photos with lengths as well.
EDIT !
Seems i do not need the axles after all, the problem was the mech hanger i was given with the bike was fubared , stuck one either side ( non drive up side down ) i found in my bits box and it seems to have sorted the problem .

Hi
Are the wheels still for sale

Top Bottom