A horrible act of cruelty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
By the way, according to the BBC, Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon did it :whistle:
I knew it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well to be honest with you looking at the news these days I would rather give my money to dog welfare than to support some of the scumbags that are walking around these days.

I agree! Some dogs may be aggressive but that's mainly because they've been trained to be that way,or because they've been mistreated by humans. Humans have a choice in life to be decent, or utter lowlifes like this creature who has set fire to the home!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's sad but why on earth has the newspaper set up a JustGiving page- kneejerk reaction to raise money for what exactly, the building would be insured + the company already has another dogs' home in Manchester?

The manager of the dogs home has just been on the local tv news. She said that although they are insured the insurance wont cover the cost of rebuilding the burnt out kennels. I'm glad that the fund has so far reached £920,000 and rising! The money and donated food, blankets etc wont just go to the home but to other dog charities.as well.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
And imo, people who don't think dog/animal welfare is important 'in the grand scheme of things' is on the same heartless, callous path as the scum who deliberately started the fire. Yes there are other things in the world to worry about, and to care about, and to donate to. And im sure most of us have a big enough heart to have compassion for more than just the one subject. I for one, however, will take animals over humans any day of the week. And as for the Syria comments, it is humans. Cause and effect. Always is. And those humans have a choice. If the person responsible for the arson ever happens to get himself covered in petrol I shall be there to light the match.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ah so he's mis-undertood?

That's not what I wrote.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
A 15 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of arson. If he is innocent of this then all well and good. If he is proven guilty then I stand by my comments. Those poor dogs were in kennels. helpless to escape, and burned to death to the sounds of the other dogs screams. Oh yes, I would have no hesitation to demonstrate Karma to the person responsible. And im a nice girl. God help him if someone who isn't nice gets hold of him ....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Most, not all dogs are in re-homing centres because the people that bought, acquired them in the first place don't know how to care for them.. You could look at these animals as victims of humans, and they need to be cared for.

Some of the root causes of the majority of the dogs being there are the existence of puppy farms, unregulated breeding and the easy access to cheap puppies in pet shops. I don't want to deny access to dogs as pets but the 'industry' needs tighter regulation and more attention needs to be given to elimination of the causes of homeless dogs reducing the need for as many rescue centres. The sale of only neutered dogs, raising their prices and the confining of breeding to registered and regularly inspected breeders might go some way to reducing the number of uncared for pooches.

Homeless dog centres are addressing the symptoms and not the cause of their homelessness.

I've donned my asbestos underwear in anticipation of flames of derision.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm saying that describing a child in the way you have, without knowing the facts, seems inappropriate and dismissive.

A lot of folk are shooting from the hip on this. Accy Cyclist is not alone on this one. Knee jerk reactions and threats are all fine and dandy as long as they are not implemented and more reasoned responses and actions are allowed to prevail.

Top Bottom