A new bike crime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A new bike crime has been reported in Copenhagen this week.

Almost 40 people, mostly women, have reported to being robbed by groups of Rumanians while stopped at traffic lights.

The Danes often keep their bags in a basket in the front or back if their bikes. We live in a different society to the UK and until recently, carrying bags like this has not been a problem.

I mention this because if this type of crime has not reached the UK, it soon will.

Just sometimes, the right to bear arms sounds appealing.

keithmac

Guru
Someone on the Pedelec forum has just had their bike stolen after spending 5 minutes or less filling a bucket to clean it.

Apparently a bloke in the back of a car stuck his arm out of the window and lifted the bike up while they drove off.

Society is going down the toilet,

Last edited by a moderator:

Tin Pot

Guru

Almost 40 people, mostly women, have reported to being robbed by groups of Rumanians while stopped at traffic lights.

The Danes often keep their bags in a basket in the front or back if their bikes. We live in a different society to the UK and until recently, carrying bags like this has not been a problem.

I mention this because if this type of crime has not reached the UK, it soon will.

5e8f5f7130b7c65de35fe38cc45eb713.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A friend of mine got done in this way in Cambridge by a moped rider last year.
It was in the Evening News again this week. They must have spent last years gains.
Arbury yoof, not Romanians.
Not sure if they're wearing short sleeves though.

Tim Hall

Shooting people for stealing hand bags? Really?

steve50

Disenchanted Member

We have the equivalent here in Britain, for the last couple of years the police have been issuing public information messages relating to petty theft from cars at traffic lights. the would be thief waits at the traffic lights, selects his victim at random (usually female driver alone in car or even with child strapped into rear seat , runs up to the car opens the passenger door and snatches whatever is available to take, mobile phone, handbag, purse whatever is laying on the seat. Always seems to be more common around xmas time, more people carrying money I guess.

keithmac

Guru
I have, you're wrong.....

I started work in a motorcycle dealership 20 years back, it was quite rare that any of our customers had their bikes stolen.

Now unfortunately it is very common, I would say at least one a a week has been either stolen or we get the job of repairing the damage of attempted theft.

Also breaking into garages, following people home to steal their bikes is a common occurance.

Instead of working for it they just decide to take what other people have worked hard for instead.

e-rider

crappy member
I started work in a motorcycle dealership 20 years back, it was quite rare that any of our customers had their bikes stolen.

Now unfortunately it is very common, I would say at least one a a week has been either stolen or we get the job of repairing the damage of attempted theft.

Also breaking into garages, following people home to steal their bikes is a common occurance.

Instead of working for it they just decide to take what other people have worked hard for instead.
perhaps in some cases nobody will give them a job so the option of working for it doesn't exist

pawl

Legendary Member
We have the equivalent here in Britain, for the last couple of years the police have been issuing public information messages relating to petty theft from cars at traffic lights. the would be thief waits at the traffic lights, selects his victim at random (usually female driver alone in car or even with child strapped into rear seat , runs up to the car opens the passenger door and snatches whatever is available to take, mobile phone, handbag, purse whatever is laying on the seat. Always seems to be more common around xmas time, more people carrying money I guess.

My car doors lock automatically fortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

We had this tried on us a few years ago - Mrs ND had an annoying habit of putting stuff on the back seat when I picked her up after work, rather than in the boot.
In a queue at traffic lights I noticed a group of 6 or 7 youths walking up the road getting very close to the queuing cars. On reaching our car one of them pulled on the door handle - fortunately I always lock the doors and had left enough of a gap to the car in front to move forward out of the queue, but it makes you think!
Mrs ND rang the police and who responded, but they were long gone.

The good news is that nothing gets left on the back seat anymore...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Someone on the Pedelec forum has just had their bike stolen after spending 5 minutes or less filling a bucket to clean it.

Apparently a bloke in the back of a car stuck his arm out of the window and lifted the bike up while they drove off.

Society is going down the toilet, the more scum that breeds the higher the scum to decent citizen ratio gets and the worse off we all are unfortunately..

It's almost as if theft is a newfangled thing to some folk. :rolleyes:

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom