Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nickyboy have you got a list of the people for this ride.
First post is edited with the list,.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
General idea is that I will keep editing post#1 with the list of possibles, route files and important stuff like that.

My musings on battered sausages, Shakespeare and Travelodge prices will be in the guts of the thread. When I get a good day after Crimbo and the days get a bit longer I'll do a full Manchester - Llandudno reccy to make sure the route's fine tuned. Suss out the wee stops, do a full tasting of the cakes at Eureka café.....you know the sort of thing

robjh

Legendary Member
This is looking like it's going to be a good ride and I'm making a firmer entry in my diary for it.

I'd have to come up the night before. What about the others from the South/South Wales/far-away contingent? Is anyone else thinking of staying somewhere near Manchester on the Friday night, and if so, any ideas yet about where?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This is looking like it's going to be a good ride and I'm making a firmer entry in my diary for it.

I'd have to come up the night before. What about the others from the South/South Wales/far-away contingent? Is anyone else thinking of staying somewhere near Manchester on the Friday night, and if so, any ideas yet about where?

Definitely trains available to get to Mcr Piccadilly from London/Birmingham for 9am Saturday. S Wales I'm afraid not

rich p

ridiculous old lush

rob,it's too far away for me to make firm plans but in theory I shall b staying somewhere the night before.
(and after). I've a notion to ride home too.

400bhp

Guru
@nickyboy - think I might do the opposite way round of this route on Saturday, weather and laziness permitting.

I can get a train that gets me to Llandudno for 9am so can do it in daylight.

U

User33236

Was chatting with Mrs SG about doing this when she, helpfully, reminded me I can't 'cos I'll be in China. Damn! Maybe next time :-)

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
@nickyboy - think I might do the opposite way round of this route on Saturday, weather and laziness permitting.

I can get a train that gets me to Llandudno for 9am so can do it in daylight.

You do know I've ordered a light easterly for the day don't you?

Anyway, hope we can catch up with you at Eureka or maybe somewhere else on the route. I'll leave you on the possibles list, if only to pressure you into coming with us:cheers:

Edit - I've reread your post....you mean you're doing it this Saturday? If yes then I will PM you a couple of things

Last edited:

G3CWI

Veteran
I did this ride twice this summer (well close; Macc-Llandudno). I'm looking forward to you finding a better route than I did between Chester and Prestatyn. I can then use it for future forays.

...and don't end up on the A55 like I did. A rather regrettable mistake.

Top Bottom