Aah! Haa! Hello, from Norwich!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Hello, I'm Pete.

I live in Norwich. I mostly ride to cummute across the city for work.

I bought a fixed gear bike as a treat for myself for stopping smoking at the beginning of last summer. I have cycled on it every single day since, because I love it! It's been mostly city riding, but I am trying to get some miles done on it so have done a couple of 15 milers recently. Not massive distances I know but it's start; I am contemplating the Norwich 100 (which I have done a couple of times before on a tourer then a tandem) but I may be deluding myself ( I used to be so much fitter than I am now).

Anyways, I'm hear to shoot the breeze and talk bikes 'n' shoot.

Can I say shoot here? I've said it twice now.

At least I didn't say ****.

colinr

What do you ride? I have a mental catalogue of every fixed I've seen around here so may know you from the bike :smile:

And hello from another fixed Norwich rider.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
What do you ride? I have a mental catalogue of every fixed I've seen around here so may know you from the bike :smile:

And hello from another fixed Norwich rider.

I have a Charge Plug with a few parts swapped. I love it, even tho it may be the Ford Fiesta of fixies. Here's a pic

th_DSC00924.jpg

I have more pics of my bike than of my girlfriend! But I ride my bike more often I suppose.

You might see me along/ near Chapelfield and Dereham Road, as thats along my commute route.

What do ride? How long have you been riding fixed?

colinr

Plugs are solid bikes, can't go wrong with Charge. I've been riding fixed (amongst other things) for a couple of years, used to have a Giant Bowery but changed to this in Feburary.

5417882515_28764e6c09_z.jpg

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Plugs are solid bikes, can't go wrong with Charge. I've been riding fixed (amongst other things) for a couple of years, used to have a Giant Bowery but changed to this in Feburary.

5417882515_28764e6c09_z.jpg

Nice. I love the front end especially. I bet that's fun to keep clean :-)

I don't think I've seen that one around though. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Cool to see some other Norwichites (that sounds like Norwich sh!tes when you say it out loud btw :ohmy:)

Are you all fixed? Show us a pic...

I may have questions about fixed gear riding.

colinr

I may have questions about fixed gear riding.

Ask away in the fixed forum. They all know what they're on about.
Also, LFGSS has a Norwich department.

have a look at this link and you'll see just 2 of the 12 bikes I have

And they're very fast downhill, I remember chasing you!

Top Bottom