AC/DC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
WHAT? ;)

TVC

It's all a Blur - well it will be for me tomorrow in Hyde Park.:biggrin:

And by the way I'm not the slightest bit jealous of all of you going to see Kraftwerk at the velodrome - well perhaps a bit.:blush:

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Cunobelin said:
I remember seeing AC/DC in November 1976! Am I showing my age?

Unless you were five at the time ;0) I think it's quite cool that my son will be able to say that he saw AC/DC live. Not many kids his age will see them.

I have seen that band at least ten times...superb live gig pure energy

It was ok, but I didn't think it was that great. The sound wasn't brilliant, it was loud, but not as loud as take That, and wasn't very clear. I think you need to drink a lot to really get AC/DC live ;0)

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I think you need to drink a lot to really get AC/DC live

and your point is?:blush:

actually that surprises me 'cos theyve always had a tight crisp kick you in th enuts sound when I've seen them, a lot depends on the venue acoustics and sound guys though.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

U2 produced a fantastic sound in the same situation, I was surprised by how good it was. The sound wasn't bad, just not that great. In fact that sort of sums up the whole show, it would've been awesome twenty years ago but things have moved on. The video they had for 'War Machine' was like the crappo animations you see at the ten-pin bowling. Kids are knocking up better videos in their bedrooms these days.

The big train they had on the stage was cool though, very realistic.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Saw them in Edinburgh Playhouse early seventies. With Bon Scott. Great band. Still the loudest gig I've ever been to.

I was right at the front and managed to stick my head inside one of the big bass bins.

Still got the "EEEEEEEEE" noise in one ear xx(

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Loudest concert I heard was the second INXS one I went to. We were about twenty-feet from the front of the stage and it dawned on me that there was about ten-feet at each side of the stage where no one was standing, so you get right to the front. I went over there and quickly realised why! It was right in front of the speaker stacks and was so loud it hurt. You could only stand there for a very short time before running for safety.

Top Bottom