Access to London velodrome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was glancing through the LCC magazine covering the cycling facilities around the Olympic Park yesterday and the article was written as though it was now finally open to the public. Does anybody know if this is the case? I've wanted to get to have a close look at the velodrome - even if it's not open until March - since they started building it but, as I didn't have any tickets, it's been constantly off limits.

subaqua

What’s the point
not sure but as its 5 mins away on the bike I may pop along to the north park this weekend and check for you

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
not sure but as its 5 mins away on the bike I may pop along to the north park this weekend and check for you
Thanks, subaqua, that might be useful. I might just do that myself anyway, after all, it's only about 7 flat miles away. I was wondering whether it might be a Sunday London ride destination. We've been on rides to the View Tube but that's as close as we've managed to get.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This is as good as I could get:
011small.jpg

You can get a bit closer but there is a fence in the way. There is a café there which sells a perfectly decent americano though. Talking to the woman at the till, she told me that there would only be access to the outdoor cycle track from March.

Top Bottom