Accident due to poor design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a pretty lengthy incident free period of several years I had a nasty one last night. No other vehicle involved luckily. On my road bike. Turned right from an A road into a local side road (ironically following the advised cycle route that forms part of the London Cycle Network) felt like I'd slammed into a kerb, both tires burst and I just managed to stay upright although my lower back was jarred and I am now in agony...
Went back to have a look at the junction today and.... I think its fair to say I really did hit a kerb! Took the corner at around 12mph... what a shite piece of engineering...

For those that are bothered it happened at the junction of Hounslow Road and Pevensey Road in Hanworth/Feltham and I must have hit it where I put the coin in the third image

1.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Ouch.

Report it, please.

Hounslow is doing a lot of resurfacing. I wonder if they are planning to resurface the main road, and this is only a temporary hazard? Clearly no one considered cyclists when they left it in that state :sad:

GWS

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Ouch.

Report it, please.

Hounslow is doing a lot of resurfacing. I wonder if they are planning to resurface the main road, and this is only a temporary hazard? Clearly no one considered cyclists when they left it in that state :sad:

GWS

In the second picture the drain cover isn't raised, so it is unlikely that the main road is being prepared for resurfacing.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you haven't reported it yet please do so - preferably using the councils out of hours number so its in the system immediately, rather than waiting for them to pick up a web report.

Then put in a claim for two tyres and tubes...

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom