Action Camera suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daninplymouth

Im waiting on the reviews for the new fly sport and the ghost xl pro as they both have image stabilisation. GoPros are great quality just a shame the battery doesn’t last very long and aren’t any good for rides over an hour unless you stop to swap batteries

ianbarton

Veteran
Im waiting on the reviews for the new fly sport and the ghost xl pro as they both have image stabilisation. GoPros are great quality just a shame the battery doesn’t last very long and aren’t any good for rides over an hour unless you stop to swap batteries

You can power them from a power bank which gives you much longer. However, it's a bit of a faff to set this up on a bike.

Mike_P

Guru
My Lidl one has image stabilization so that is not a GoPro exclusive. It's actually an Akaso V50 Pro Sportcam, a useful discovery for sourcing extra batteries and replacement cases. On top resolution the batteries last just over a hour and a 64GB around 2 hour 20 so I have a routine of stopping for a snack around every hour, changing the battery each time and swopping the SD card every other time.

One page says £69.99 and another has a special offer on a new chipset version for £47.00.

https://chilli-tech.com/content/new-bullet-action-camera/
https://www.chilli-tech.com/action-cameras/Bullet-Camera-For-Cycling

They are the same camera, they sometimes have that promotion running, often by invite to existing customers. I guess the 'new chipset' wording is out of date as that model has been around a bit, but I think it is just the original promo wording being carried through when new despatch date changes.

OP
OP
S

Shoxt3r

My Lidl one has image stabilization so that is not a GoPro exclusive. It's actually an Akaso V50 Pro Sportcam, a useful discovery for sourcing extra batteries and replacement cases. On top resolution the batteries last just over a hour and a 64GB around 2 hour 20 so I have a routine of stopping for a snack around every hour, changing the battery each time and swopping the SD card every other time.

Ah ok good to know! I've found the Akaso on Amazon but the reviews seem very mixed in terms of image quality. It also markets itself as a 4K camera when in actual fact it appears to be 1080. How do you find the image quality - is it good enough? An hour recording would be fine for my needs I think; I don't tend to ride longer than that at the moment but it's good to know that the batteries are swappable.

They are the same camera, they sometimes have that promotion running, often by invite to existing customers. I guess the 'new chipset' wording is out of date as that model has been around a bit, but I think it is just the original promo wording being carried through when new despatch date changes.

Ah ok that's good to know if slightly confusing haha.

Mike_P

Guru
Recording seems fine to me, was let down the other week when I could not grab off it a decent still to read the reg of an old car but that's the first time I have had any issue picture wise. Post ride I crop and merge to cut out waits at junctions etc and then compress. Chipset is a bit ropy on the ones Lidl had and often take midday as being midnight so I quickly stopped using the date stamp. Interesting a recent near miss which the Police have accepted was with my older one with an way out date stamp on it; got another complete set under warranty as the clip on the case had broken - the cases are not much each on AliExpress.

Top Bottom