Addison lee told to use bus lanes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure what you are trying to argue with me about.

Boris has said nothing to condemn what AL are doing.

TFL are only taking AL to court to tell them to withdraw their letter ordering staff to use the bus lanes.

TFL in their statements are only threatening individual drivers rather than AL itself.

And the CPS declined to prosecute the tens of thousands in fines that AL had accrued using the M4 bus lanes and refused to pay.

The fact that AL has given the governing party a quarter of a million quid over the last few years is relevant.

A spokesman for the London Mayor said the comments were “unacceptable,” insisting no funds have been received for the campaign from Mr Griffin.
“John Griffin’s actions are irresponsible and unacceptable, and Boris Johnson does not agree with his comments on cycling.”
http://www.london24.com/news/politi...on_lee_boss_s_anti_cyclist_outburst_1_1355907

And if the AL donation is relevant, what about the Unite donation and their wading in on the issue on behalf of Ken and the Labour party?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I'm not sure what you are trying to argue with me about.

Boris has said nothing to condemn what AL are doing.

TFL are only taking AL to court to tell them to withdraw their letter ordering staff to use the bus lanes.

TFL in their statements are only threatening individual drivers rather than AL itself.

And the CPS declined to prosecute the tens of thousands in fines that AL had accrued using the M4 bus lanes and refused to pay.

The fact that AL has given the governing party a quarter of a million quid over the last few years is relevant.

The proof ehhh counter-proof actually, of your thesis, is here.

I'm not sure where you are coming from here as your response appears to have nothing to do with what I said.

You said the actions of TfL against Addison Lee have nothing to do with Boris. Yet Boris is blamed for many of the things TfL do especially wrt cyclists. Either he is or he isn't responsible for what TfL does and I'm just trying to determine which you think it is.

Jezston

Über Member
Ah, didn't see all of Boris' statement on that. That is slightly reassuring.

Can we calm down on the internet argument point scoring nitpickiness though, please?

The proof ehhh counter-proof actually, of your thesis, is here.

I find it almost as odious as John Griffin that Ken and Unite should be using this and cyclists as a political football in their Mayoral election campaign. As much as I dislike Addison Lee, Unite, as the union of black cab and London bus drivers, clearly has a very strong conflict of interest in this and should not be trying to manipulate the political process directly and through a mayoral candidate they are funding.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
Do you think having the surname of Griffin results in that person being a tw*t? (Nick, John...) (Sincere apologies for any nice Griffin's out there!!)

[QUOTE 1818146, member: 1314"]Of course they should be. Unite ARE a political organisation. They're a trade union. It is their responsibility to try and direct the political process.[/quote]

So is their position as the largest donor to the Labour Party to try and buy influence and direct them as well?

classic33

Leg End Member
Well with local elections coming up in parts of the country next month. Why not ask everyone who comes to your door, asking for your support if they will be willing to support yours.

It may start with one company, in one part of the country. But how long before this is taken as a test case & we get private hire vehicle owners/operators driving in bus lanes when ever & where ever they please. Just to save a few seconds.

Interesting to note that he is instructing his drivers to use their cameras. Were these fitted before this started or after.

subaqua

What’s the point
So is their position as the largest donor to the Labour Party to try and buy influence and direct them as well?

i can opt out of Unites political levy, which i have. can i ask warburtons to not pay the small percentage they donated to the Tories of the loaf i purchased ?

i can opt out of Unites political levy, which i have. can i ask warburtons to not pay the small percentage they donated to the Tories of the loaf i purchased ?

You can choose not to buy Warburton's products. Many people do not have a choice about not joining Unite.

Top Bottom