Album of the Year 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
Yes me too, The Clash spring to mind, I liked the rebellion aspect and the energy of the punk movement and how it got people playing but there was a lot of crap about.
It's like every genre: there's good and bad. I just try to listen to the best from all genres. :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
another vote for Joe Bonamassa, stunning album.
As for Fleetwood Mac the Peter Green blues lineup was the best by far even before John McVie joined replacing Bob Brunning from the very first incarnation of the band (John didn't want to give up his job with John Mayalls 'Bluesbreakers' until Mayall sacked him for being 'pished' on stage once too often)

I've heard a lot of 'worthy' and 'interesting' albums this year - new Black Keys album, new Bug album, Robert Plant's latest and Neneh Cherry's Blank Project all spring to mind - but the ones that have really captured my ears and heart would be Our Love by Caribou, Singles by Future Islands and the Blues Pills album - esp in it's limited edition double vinyl picture disc form.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Aphex Twin -Syro. Not his best ever, but still rather wonderful. And the dEUS collection... which made me feel old. Brian Eno and Karl Hyde's Highlife. And my friend, David Corley's album, Available Light. I had a very non-musical year... I've gradually found myself finally becoming completely detached from 'what's going on' musically, and not really minding that much.

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I simply can't choose these sorts of things... right now it's a hammond jazz thing, yesterday it was Pharis & Jason Romero, tomorrow it'll be summat else :becool:

Black Country Ste

I haven't bought many. In no order but I'm leaning towards Judas Priest and Accept.

Accept - Blind Rage
Edguy - Space Police: Defenders Of The Crown
Gamma Ray - Empire Of The Undead
Judas Priest - Redeemer Of Souls
Threshold - For The Journey

Top Bottom