Aldi winter cycling jackets..........really very good.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I picked one up yesterday.........£16.99.
Rain "repellent", wind "resistant", breathable,
I wore it on a 13 miler yesterday afternoon with 2 base layers.........I was too warm.
It fits well & is very comfortable.
3 good pockets plus a zip pocket.
nice colours and good reflectors.
Highly recommend them.

johnnyb47

Guru
I bought one just the other day and totally agree with you on how good they are.

sanddancer

I bought a blue one a couple of years back. its very good for the money and the front zipped breast pocket is ideal for my phone and key for the lock I leave at work.

I noticed they have improved the overshoes this year. they look much better kit with rear zip and velcro fastening across the top. I was tempted to buy some but have two pairs already and haven't ridden in months :sad:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I bought a blue one a couple of years back. its very good for the money and the front zipped breast pocket is ideal for my phone and key for the lock I leave at work.

I noticed they have improved the overshoes this year. they look much better kit with rear zip and velcro fastening across the top. I was tempted to buy some but have two pairs already and haven't ridden in months :sad:
I have been cheated...........these don't have breast pockets :sad:

sanddancer

I have been cheated...........these don't have breast pockets :sad:

Oops :smile:

This is the one I got.

20161023_135044.jpg
20161023_135038.jpg

sanddancer

These tenn ones are very thick material and around £15 .
theres a small concealed zip pocket at the
front but too small for a phone, no zipped pocket at the back just the three open ones and no reflectives although it is bright :biggrin:

20161023_135130.jpg

sanddancer

Out of stock on large but they may restock
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tenn-Mens-S...leeve-Cycling-Jersey-/311682075363?nav=SEARCH

Or from tenn website, dearer at £20 but ive seen them on amazon for £15 , not sure of postage though.

http://tenn-outdoors.co.uk/products/mens-sandstorm-l-s-jersey

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are good for the money. In a direct comparison with a Altura Varium, they are pretty similar. Not as shower proof as the Altura, but warmth wise they are comparable.

I've got 2 or 3 Aldi jackets. They are OK down to -3, that's when the Decathlon thermal comes out.

Katherine

Guru
I picked one up yesterday.........£16.99.
Rain "repellent", wind "resistant", breathable,
I wore it on a 13 miler yesterday afternoon with 2 base layers.........I was too warm.
It fits well & is very comfortable.
3 good pockets plus a zip pocket.
nice colours and good reflectors.
Highly recommend them.
I agree with the warmth but I wouldn't agree with the rain repellent. Drizzle repellent maybe, for a little while, before it starts to soak through. Wind proof definitely. I always wear a rain jacket over the top when it's wet.

freiston

Veteran
They are good for the money. In a direct comparison with a Altura Varium, they are pretty similar. Not as shower proof as the Altura, but warmth wise they are comparable.

I've got 2 or 3 Aldi jackets. They are OK down to -3, that's when the Decathlon thermal comes out.
My Aldi winter jacket is quite different from my Varium - the Aldi jacket is windproof arms (which strangely have a breathable section inner side from the cuff extending about 9" towards the elbow), front and sides with a very breathable back-panel (best wind-proof test other than wearing in the wind is to attempt to blow through the material ;)). The Varium is (was) sold as a waterproof and has no discernable thermal lining but my Aldi jacket has a fleece lining throughout. The Aldi jacket is warmer in my opinion but the windproof property of the Varium does stop me getting cold in all but 'chilly' weather.

My jacket looks like none of the two pictured above and has only rear pockets.

Edit - here's pictures of my jacket (black panels on rear and arms are breathable - black panel on chest is windproof)...

30397297052_30601c4f0d_c.jpg

29883107994_a1877cc8f0_c.jpg

Attachments

• 30397297052_30601c4f0d_c.jpg
    30397297052_30601c4f0d_c.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 29883107994_a1877cc8f0_c.jpg
    29883107994_a1877cc8f0_c.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

sanddancer

Thats a big price gap :eek: :smile:

Edit .
my tenn jacket is fleece lined and windproof pretty much all over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom